or Connect

Posts by brneyedmama

I also have a reflux baby who's on 30 mg of prevacid a day.  He is 6 weeks and the gassiest newborn I've ever been around.  Seriously, he lets out the biggest, loudest farts, you can literally feel them through his diaper and clothes when you hold him.  They're extremely stinky, which I don't think is normal for an exclusively BF baby, so I'm currently on an elimination diet to see if that makes a difference.  My daughter was the same way, I think some babies just have...
oh yes, and forgot to mention that he will NOT take a pacifier, tried every brand :(
HI Mamas, looking for  and other wonderful advice! :)  Baby number two here, DS is now 5 weeks old and giving us a run for our money.  He has pretty bad GERD, which we went through with DD, os we know how to handle it, and with the combo of positioning, meds, etc he's slowly getting better.  However, this kid does NOT sleep during the day.  He will only fall asleep on a person (99% is me) wither in the rocking chair with a loud shhhhh'ing in his ear, or occasionally in a...
yeah, I'm starting to think more and more that a big part of this is the upcoming baby.  I guess I don't give her enough credit, before they can really talk it's so hard to know exactly how much they understand.  I had daddy do bedtime tonight, and he'll be the one going in if she wakes in the middle of the night to see if maybe this will nip it in the bud.   I think she's gotten overly dependent on me coming in to comfort her.  The problem is for right now, I am SO big...
So I'm just looking for some possible advice or BTDT type responses.  20 month old DD, who has slept 12 hrs through the night since she was 9 months old, has suddenly decided in the last two weeks that she's done doing that. She IS teething, lower incisors, so I've been giving her IB profin at night assuming this was the main problem, but now two weeks later I'm not so sure.   Essentially it seems like she's forgotten how put herself to sleep.  It will either take...
totally normal -we've been dealing with this for months!  Once you get used to it it's ok, but can be very frustrating -certainly keeps you on your toes.  I've just learned to have a revolving list of options and follow her cues.  One week she'll consume  blueberries like they're going out of style, and the next two months she wont even look at them.  She was on this huge mandarin orange kick for almost 8 weeks, she couldn't shove them in fast enough.  So I went to...
well I'm curious to see what others have to say, because I'm having the same dilemma.  I'm sure it's totally normal developmentally, but it is completely exhausting.  All I can do is commiserate with you.  The only thing I've found that works (well it doesn't exactly work, but it gets me through the day) is to choose my battles.  I probably end up saying no 40-50% of the time and giving int he other half.  this will produce some tears and the occasional tantrum, but this...
20 month old DD started doing the same thing a few months back.  I do think it's relatively normal, but very upsetting to both parents of course.  We have found that there needs to be a certain amount of just Daddy time during the week.  Once I'm out of the house they do all of her favorite things together, and that seems to make a difference, but once i get home she's all about me again.  I've spoken to parent friends with similar issues, and it corrects itself...
bump
I don't have time to read all responses either, but this is a subject that hits very close to home for me.  I am an adult thumb sucker, yup that's right. My parents insist that I started sucking my thumb pretty soon after they took my pacifier away at 3, and that I had always had a high need for reassurance in the way of sucking.  I was breastfed and cared for just fine, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.  my 19 month old DD is the same way -she loooooves...