or Connect

Posts by maself

Oh my gosh!! I just saw this article on Yahoo! and was appalled!!  The picture is just horrific!
The Connections Academy partners with the Houston ISD.  You can find out more info:  http://www.connectionsacademy.com/texas-houston-school/home.aspx  
Y'all just inspired me to try making my own! :) YUM!
Why I wear My Baby: My Story   My story is a little different from average.  I am not a first time mom.  I didn't always know that it was right for me and my baby.  And, an illness, or injury (either me or my baby) didn't persuade me to want or need to baby wear.  In fact, I am a mom with experience!  I AM a mom of SIX.  I previously carried my babies in their heavy car seats, pushed a stroller and even used a double stroller religiously.  I didn't understand why...
I am in the US and can ship in the US.  I haven't done this before and don't have a long list, but hopefully that is ok.  Thanks.   maself #1 Handmade Fabric Flowers.  can be viewed here: http://www.MelodyRoseCreations.com  These are all attached to a clip and can be put in hair, on your clothes or purse.  A headband can be included if interested.   maself #2   2 re-usable sandwich bags made like the old style baggies where the top folds down, misc fabric design,...
I had to go dairy free when I found out I was severely allergic to it and so is one of my sons.  As a family we are dairy free, gluten free and sugar free.  I do not replace with soy b/c of the estrogen in it and I don't want my five sons having that. ;) I like having quesadillas on corn tortillas for a snack so I tried several different types of cheeses.  In the beginning, I had a hard time finding cheeses that would melt, but I have finally found several and I have...
This has been extended until Nov. 8 so there is still time to watch it. :)
I agree that the second year is very different.  As baby eats more and more solids, you won't be nursing as much anyway and can go for long periods of time without needing to nurse.  You wouldn't want to stop "cold turkey"  b/c you will still get engorged.  So a gradual weaning will be easier for both of you (even if it is over a short period of time).  I have nursed six children and currently my 19 months old still nurses (kinda a lot), but I can leave him for long...
Cow's milk is a lot harder to digest than breastmilk!  Goat's milk is another alternative that is more easily assimilated.  In the past, I always struggled to make my kids drink cow's milk b/c I thought that was the right thing to do.  This time, I haven't given my 19 mos old any cow's milk at all or any milk substitutes. - I still breastfeed him on demand.-  (I found out that I'm actually allergic to cow dairy and so are my kids so we are (cow) dairy free.)  One day a...
I find that it helps when I concentrate on what I DID accomplish and not what I didn't!  I congratulate myself on things I am able to do and make a list for the next day.  Having a balance is important and giving yourself grace to not be perfect is necessary!