or Connect

Posts by Brambleberry

You should be able to do three Combi Coccoros no problem.  They are a little expensive vs. a booster for a seat that she won't be in too much longer, but you could probably resell it.
I can't give you advice on the cab question, but we have been able to do 3 across in the back seat of a Pontiac Vibe by buying narrower car seats.  It's a lot cheaper to buy new car seats than a new vehicle!  We were able to fit two Baby Trend infant seats and a Combi Coccoro (convertible) seat when our twins were infants, and now have two Combi Coccoros and an Evenflo Amp booster.  It is tricky to buckle the seatbelt for the booster, though.  I think I might have chosen...
The cheapest place to get sand is in bulk at a quarry, concrete supply place, or landscaping supply (like a place that sells bulk mulch and compost, etc).  You do have to have a truck since it's not bagged.  But we're talking something like $10 for 1/2 a truck load vs.  $3 for a small bag.  And I would get concrete sand, not "play sand," because the concrete sand has a mix of different sizes of sand grains and small pebbles that are fun to sift out with colanders or other...
MamaCB - if it doesn't drain it will totally fill up with water, which would be fun for a while, but messy, and then it will get stagnant (sort of rotten) and just not be cool.
The sandbox is our single most popular thing outside.  But you really want a big one.  Don't even consider those dumb turtle things.  Ours is a 6 ft. square made out of cedar 2x6, which is really not hard if you have any family members/friends with a saw and a drill, but otherwise you could just get a big kiddie pool and make big holes in the bottom for drainage, then fill it with sand.  Get a small tarp to cover it if you have cats in the neighborhood.     Keep your...
A 17 mo might not be quite starting pretend play, but will be soon, so I'd say if you want to invest in things for longer term play start collecting things for a play kitchen, small wooden cars, a doll or two, etc.  Open ended toys like play silks are great, wooden blocks, etc.
Are they gaining poorly or have explosive green poo?  Either of those could be a problem with oversupply.  If the only real problem is the forceful letdown (may or may not mean oversupply), have you tried "laid back nursing" (positioning yourself reclined or even laying down so that you don't have gravity adding to the milk flow)?  You can also take them off the breast when you first let down and catch some of the spray in a burp cloth until it slows enough for them to...
What about adding snaps to the prefolds and the wool covers to snap them together?  Kamsnaps are what most people use for diapers, and they're not that hard to apply.
What beautiful babies, everyone!  They're all getting so much spunk - this is a fun (and exhausting) age.  
I got a few Aden & Anais blankets as hand-me-downs and was like, "what more dumb baby blankets?!"  (speaking of things you don't need we got WAY too many baby blankets at our first baby shower, and religiously only use sleep sacks for sleeping).  But I ended up really loving them for all the reasons others have already stated - pack up small, light and breathable, and great for use as sun protection.  But regarding the price - other people are starting to make lightweight...