or Connect

Posts by Brambleberry

I'm trying to wrap my head around nightweaning my 12 month old twins.  They currently sleep in the same crib, side-cared up against our bed.  We also have a pack'n'play next to the crib closer to the foot of the bed for times when they used to nap separately, so that's an option if we need it.  But I hate to put one in the crib all cozy next to us and one in the pack'n'play down near the cold floor at the foot of the bed - it just doesn't seem fair.  We're in the process...
I've used washable wool thrift store sweaters for all of mine and they work great - as well or better than the few commercially made wool covers I've tried.
#1: don't stress about it.  Baby will crawl when ready, and it won't make any difference in 10 years whether she did it at 7 months or 12.   #2: while nothing will stop baby from eventually getting mobile, you MAY have a more self-confident and self-entertaining baby if you don't do things that impede natural development like excessive time in baby seats/bouncers/walkers, or putting baby into a sitting position that she can't get into on her own.  You said something...
Does anyone have a recommendation for a sort-of Waldorf style doll that is priced under $30?  My in-laws are wanting ideas for Christmas presents, and they're not the sort to see the value in paying extra money for "fancy" natural toys.  I have twin girls who will be one in feb, and I'd like to get them a basic baby doll that will last through the pre-school years.  I don't want to have a lot of extra toys around, so I don't want something that is specific to babies or...
I'm not a big fan of onesies.  When it's warm enough to just wear a onesie or just a onesie and baby legs I like them, but if it's colder I prefer one piece outfits with footies, and if an extra layer is needed under that I prefer a t-shirt because I hate the extra snaps in the crotch.  I'll second the recommendation to get snap front shirts for newborns!  Absolutely hate pulling shirts over floppy newborn heads!  We use wool diaper covers, and for infants I prefer wraps...
I like to have 5 covers of whatever style I'm using (wraps for infants, longies or shorties for 9 months +), plus two night time covers.  You could get away with 4 day time and 1 night time cover if you live in a dry climate.  Or if you don't mind using some PUL covers for backup.
I vote for the walking wings as the most ridiculous.  You shouldn't be "helping" your baby walk anyway - with fingers or wings or especially "walkers" (another ridiculous baby gear).  Baby will learn to walk whether you "help" or not, and will have a better sense of her own capabilities if you let her learn on her own and in her own time.   We use a monitor all the time to get stuff done outside while babies are napping.     I also thought wipes warmers were ridiculous...
You actually don't need to do "Tummy Time" at all.  http://www.janetlansbury.com/2011/08/the-case-against-tummy-time-guest-post-by-irene-gutteridge/
I would just put a regular crib mattress on the floor next to yours.  If your toddler is very rambunctious and you feel like you need to define the space a little better for baby, you could use a co-sleeper thing like this :http://www.amazon.com/The-First-Years-Secure-Sleeper/dp/B00012CHFI/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1378138400&sr=1-1&keywords=cosleeper on top of the crib mattress until baby's bigger.
Nursing pillows are nice for nursing at the computer or in a more upright chair at the table for example, but you don't need a pillow in front for laid back nursing, which is what is advocated more these days.  And with twins you can't multitask very easily while tandem nursing anyway (and really you should rarely multitask while nursing anyway - give baby your whole attention!).  You won't always be tandem nursing - especially in the first 3 months, so a regular single...