or Connect

Posts by Brambleberry

AP isn't about not letting baby cry, it's about responding to the crying.  So when in the car I try to respond verbally and sing to let the babies know I'm there for them.  If they get totally desperate I pull over and nurse.  I always try to give baby the opportunity to self soothe or problem solve for herself (while providing love and support) before jumping in and "fixing" it for her.  
Struggling with the exact same thing here too.  No suggestions, unfortunately.  We're concerned for her teeth.
So glad it sounds like things are on the upswing for you!  I'm super impressed that you're managing to get so much work done while watching all the kiddos.  I hope you're able to find time for personal sanity, too!  You've got some super cute babes there. 
It sounds like you're in the Louisville area?  I'm in Indiana, an hour Northwest of Louisville, and Adaline'sMama is also in the Louisville area.  I saw an MFM in Louisville for my 20 week anatomy scan - his name was Dr. Tabb - and he seemed open to some more natural options, such as delivering the second twin breech.  But he's part of a practice with 4 or 5 other doctors, and he said they wouldn't all necessarily be comfortable with that, and you have no way of knowing...
What cuties!  Such beautiful big wide eyes.  I've been finding the getting around part super challenging too.  We almost never used a stroller with DD1, and don't have a proper twin stroller now because I didn't prioritize it.  My mom found a sit and stand stroller for a really good deal used, but it doesn't work with two infants, since the front seat doesn't recline.  We take walks with one baby in a carrier, one in the stroller, and DD1 in the front seat of the...
They will start to nurse more quickly - probably soon.  My first baby was a marathon nurser, partly because she has a high palette, but also I think I just let her stay on much longer than she really needed to.  With the twins it's not an option, so they've learned to nurse more quickly I think.  I didn't regularly tandem nurse until my babes got better head control and more dependable latches, so I was always rocking one baby with my foot while I nursed the other....
We used a wipes warmer until it warmed up this spring.  It's nice when you're changing at night and don't want to wake baby up too much.  But not necessary.  Distilled water is definitely not necessary.
We used t-shirt wipes with DD1 and liked them o.k., but this time I thought I'd try sweatshirt wipes, since the back side has more nap to it and they're more absorbent.  Love them!  and no hemming.  I also like the little baby wash cloths, and they're pretty cheap, but they're a bit bigger than I'd like.  We just use water, but I'll put a little tea tree oil in it if I'm going to pack the wipes in the diaper bag, since they get mildewy after a while.  We go through them...
We use fitted diapers with wool covers.  For newborns I don't bother with fastening the diaper at all, just depend on the cover to hold it in place (wool wraps not pull-up type covers).  And I prefer a snappi to fasten the covers - even my wool covers with snaps I'll just put a snappi on because it's faster and you get a more custom fit.  For crawlers I like snaps on the diapers, and wool longies (or shorts in the summer) become more convenient than the wraps.  
What cute little chubsters, macrandall!  It looks like Alice is already really trying to roll!   Holly - That's Eleanor on the right.  We're color coding them to be able to tell them apart more easily.  Eleanor gets darker colors: purple, brown, dark pink, and Sylvia gets green, yellow, light pink, etc.  It's hard to do when we're relying on hand-me-downs and all our gifted clothing is identical.  Anyone else color coding their twins?  How do you get the relatives on...