or Connect

Posts by Brambleberry

o.k. here's a recent pic.  Amazingly they're doing the exact same thing again!  Imagine that.     I also wanted to say how cute everybody's little ones are looking! colsxjack - Love the expressions!  siddal - beautiful beautiful little girls and lovely picture - such good poses.  jessmn - love the double fencing shot.  And Holly - such sweeties!  I can't believe how big they're getting!
I would second the advice to have small easily attainable goals.  "Today I will keep everybody fed and changed and get to bed by 8 o'clock."  and later on maybe you can plan on getting a load of laundry done.  At 3 months I still plan on getting either the laundry done or the dishes washed, but not both in one day.  And some days I do get both done, but I don't count on it.
I am still struggling with being unhappy with my belly at 3 months pp.  I wore my abdominal binder until it got too big (around 4 or 5 weeks?), but still am wearing my maternity pants from first tri.  I've been thinking I need to get another one, or just a good old girdle, because I am more than ready to get back into my regular pants again.  I need pockets for one thing!  I thought that my belly would shrink down on it's own faster than it has.  I'm 35 which may make it...
Twin names: Eleanor Florence and Sylvia Ruth Gestational age upon arrival: 38w 3d  They're now 3 months old. Fraternal/Identical: They were di/di, but may be identical... Time in in hospital (if applicable: 2 days with me Anything else you want to share: We've been having a terrible time with naps.  It's starting to improve a little, but still consumes a lot of my time - it seems like all I do all day is try to help babies sleep.  It's particularly frustrating...
I've been really really lucky with our breastfeeding relationship.  They both had good latches right from the start, don't have high palettes like their sister did, and nurse REALLY FAST.  It's so amazing to have fast nursers after DD1 was a super slowpoke.  As a newborn she took 45 minutes and would take her naps that way, and even as an older infant took at least 20 minutes to nurse.  These guys are sometimes done in 5.  It makes it manageable when they want to nurse...
I would talk to a lactation consultant or a La Leche League leader, not your doctor.  Even the best doctors rarely have much training in breastfeeding issues, and I've just heard too many stories about doctors' poor advice sabotaging breastfeeding relationships.  It does sound a lot like foremilk/hindmilk imbalance to me, which I dealt with with my first.  Do you feel like you really have excessive supply?  
DH eats the leftovers here too.  Provided they are not chewed and spat out ;P
Hey, Holly!  Good to hear how things are going.  We see the facebook posts sometimes, and DH is like, "how in the world are they doing so much and getting so much done and we have no time for anything?"  He says that about everybody on facebook, actually, I think that's the curse of the facebook view of people's lives.   Our girls are doing really well except for naps.  They seem to need more sleep than average - they can't be awake for more than an hour at a time...
sounds good!
My twins are going on 9 weeks and seem to be having trouble taking the bottle when my mother watches them on weekends.  She's been giving them a bottle (with breastmilk) for just one feeding once a week, sometimes twice (she lives next door, so I can usually go over and feed them when she's watching them).  DH has tried twice as well, to give me a break during the week.  They take the bottle without complaint, but they take FOREVER to drink just two ounces each, and I'm...