or Connect

Posts by Brambleberry

I've been checking in here and reading the posts regularly, but rarely have time or hands to type.  I'm having a rough time with the twins.  They're a month old now and still nurse every 2 hours and it takes at least 45 min to nurse and change both, so I get an hour and a quarter stretches in between - including at night.  DD1 is being a PITA.  Luckily she LOVES her sisters - but this is also problematic sometimes when she wants to hold them all the time - especially...
Wow - I can't imagine once a week poops.  Mine are still pooping about 2/3 of the diaper changes, including night time :(.  PITA.  DD1 was several months old before she cut back to once a day.  I'd just count yourself lucky, despite the big blowouts.     Buko- when I'm side lying I use my lower arm to pull her head in, while I guide the breast with my other hand.  I keep a small LED flashlight propped on my pillow and aimed at the breast so I have a good view of my...
We're doing CD with ours - almost 4 weeks into it now.  I don't feel like it's that much extra.  Most of the work is hanging them up to dry since we don't have a dryer - line drying is way cheaper but I don't think it's worth it anymore :p
I don't have much time to respond since my twins are three weeks old, but wanted to put in another vote for "yes, it's possible to have a relatively natural twin birth".  My family practice doctor didn't require an epidural or delivery in the OR, but she would have preferred those things.  Part of what made it possible to deliver in the L&D room was that it was a very small hospital - it seems like the bigger ones are less flexible and you may be farther from the OR in...
Thanks!  I needed that today.
I was more comfortable in pants that covered all/most of my belly, which made it possible to wear shirts that did not cover all the way.  I had one pair of XL maternity leggings that fit up to birth, a pair of XL yoga pants that made it to 36 weeks, and a pair of stretchy non-maternity "fat pants" that I wore around the house :P.  You might need to hem the cuffs.  Tunics or short dresses with empire waists worn over leggings also work.   I went to the chiro right up to...
My baby A was posterior and my doctor was able to rotate her by pushing her back up a little after I'd gotten her down to +1, then turning her head.  And then Baby B was transverse.  She rotated easily but then my doctor could feel her cord pulsing over her head and spent a long time getting the cord out of the way.  B had a hand by her face too that my doctor was trying to move, but she finally gave up on that in the hope that it would slide out of the way on its own -...
Congrats, Rblakley!  Beautiful little girls!  And great photos.  I need to get some better pictures soon myself.   AFM - They're here!  I've been too busy to post much (imagine that!).  I've been checking in here regularly, but can't type very well with a babe in arms, so I've just been reading.      They were born Tuesday night (at 38w 3d).  Eleanor Florence and Sylvia Ruth, 7 lbs 7 oz and 7 lbs 10 oz.  Sylvia (baby B) was starting to show signs of placenta...
You definitely couldn't fit two inserts into the carrier, but you could maybe fit two tiny babes (like 6 lbs or less) side by side with their legs froggied.  As long as their heads are still lower than the back of the carrier.  hmm... it wouldn't work for long.    
Oh man the guts falling out feeling sucked.  I've been really lucky to not have afterpains much at all, with or without the binder, but with my huge twin belly there is just so much space now for my guts to slosh around in.  Five days out now it is mostly gone, but it was super painful every time I got out of bed those first two days.  Especially right afterwards my uterus felt like it was flopping out over the edge of my pelvis.  The abdominal binder helped probably...