or Connect

Posts by Brambleberry

Oh man the guts falling out feeling sucked.  I've been really lucky to not have afterpains much at all, with or without the binder, but with my huge twin belly there is just so much space now for my guts to slosh around in.  Five days out now it is mostly gone, but it was super painful every time I got out of bed those first two days.  Especially right afterwards my uterus felt like it was flopping out over the edge of my pelvis.  The abdominal binder helped probably...
I've been waiting to post until I have time to write out a birth story, and that looks unlikely to happen anytime soon, so I thought I should at least make the announcement!   They were born Tuesday night (soon after I posted in the 41+ thread ).  Eleanor Florence and Sylvia Ruth, 7 lbs 7 oz and 7 lbs 10 oz.  Sylvia (baby B) was starting to show signs of placenta aging (decels on her NST strip) on Tuesday morning, so we went home for lunch and went straight back to...
Good job!  Way to persevere in difficult circumstances.  Welcome, Jodene!
I'm 38w2d here, but I think that's the twin equivalent of being 41+, since they typically induce twins at 38w.  For the past 2 weeks I've been saying I don't think I can physically make it another week, and then another week passes and I'm somehow still standing (walking's another matter).  I feel like my pelvis is just falling apart (from the SPD), I can't walk more than a few yards without continual cramping and pain, it hurts like he!! to get in and out of the bed and...
Welcome to the wide world, Talley!
She's worried about placentas aging after 38 weeks with twins.  I'm not convinced it's really a valid concern, especially since they're di/di, I'm healthy and gained plenty of weight in first tri, and the babies have been on-par with singleton growth expectations and pass their non-stress tests with flying colors.  BUT.  it does worry me slightly, and that coupled with the SPD is enough to make me agree to having my water broken this Friday or Saturday.  I'll have...
Congratulations!
Welcome, Benton!
  I'm feeling like I'm in a remarkably similar situation.  I'm 38w1d.  My doctor is encouraging me to induce, but is fine with waiting until 39w to do any chemical induction.  Meanwhile we're trying all the natural stuff with mixed feelings about wanting the babies to be as mature as possible, and me just being in so much discomfort/pain.  I have SPD pretty bad, and anytime I get up, bend over, or walk farther than a few steps I get 5+ minute BH that are painless...
I'm responding over in the new chat thread -->