or Connect

Posts by Tesbabe

My daughter was talking before she was 1 and able to hold a conversation by 2.  With her i did baby sign language and sung to her a lot. I would sing what I was doing, like: I'm going to change your bum bum, bum bum, oh yes your mum mum is going to change your bum bum.  silly songs and  silly rhymes. I don't know if this helped her with the early speech or not. but maybe try them with your child.
Update... I have spoken to the teacher about how long she believes it will be, she got back to me and said about 6 weeks. Although they told me they were doing the referral that they have to fill out things before hand and this was sent off last week so it would probably be after Christmas. I said I would like to have a word with the person testing my daughter first and I was told that I would be the next point of contact anyway. This makes me happy. I can talk about...
My husband was not tested till he was 11. Before then he didn't listen in class, wouldn't do his work, was seen as a problem child and stupid. He had a maths test in school of which the school called in his parents and accused him of cheating because all the answers were right with no working out and done in half the time of the other children. He went through a wide range of tests at 11 because he was the "problem child" one of them being an IQ style test. He is also a...
interesting... My daughter is in the ADHD or gifted stage. she is currently been put forward to be tested for ADHD. still waiting on that 3 1/2 weeks now, but have wonders of giftedness because of her family background of it, and the way she is too. This is her too. never really linked it before. I just tell her to stop being a hypercondriac. If she hurts her leg it's broken, if it bleeds it's going to get infected and need chopping off so even if it's tiny it needs a...
Hi, I don't know if your baby not eating means they are gifted or not, at this stage that's not the important thing. Getting them to feed is.  I know the baby food age has changed to 6 months, it used to be 4 months. When I have my daughter it was on the change over from 4-6 months. My daughter was very hungry and I had to put her on baby rice at 3 1/2 months. you have to make it very thin... maybe talk to your health visitor about that as an option. I wouldn't do it...
Parents of ADD/ADHD children....   How long did it take for your child to be tested once they had been referred She was referred 2 weeks ago.   ....... sleet76, I am dyslexic, only very mild. It was never picked up at school and it held me back. I found out I was dyslexic when I went to college. Once I knew I could work with it.  Maths I am and have always been good at, it's just there. My english was and is the problem, My spelling is awful and it takes me...
  Just something funny which just happened.   LOL did i mention her power of perswation also... She had a small bucket of sweets from halloween and when she got home from school she started to tuck into them. Being mean mummy I took them off her and said she had to wait untill after dinner then she could choose one. She opened a pack of magic stars and lined them up on the coffee table, I told her if she eats them that her whole tub of sweet would be put in the...
Thank you everyone for the help... I have read the links listed, and am now more confused. how can so many thing's have the same descriptions? How will people be able to tell the difference, because surly you can not treat the children all the same. I worked with pre school children for 5 years, but this was over 11 years ago, so a lot have chanced, but in my time I never met a child like my daughter, her teacher also said she had not known another one like her in...
My daughter is the same, we have a special brush that helps with that called a "tangle teezer" If you put that in google you'll find many places to buy it from. It does help a lot. I also use a water spray with a small amount of conditioner in it. it does the same job as detangling spray.  Before she used to scream when I did her hair, the neighbours must have thought I was murdering her. Now it's much better, sometimes she will play up. I'm pretty sure when she does...
Thanks for that... I do know what you know about the rules. At school the other day she was working in a small group of children and one teacher. When it came to her turn to she wont read, she says she can't. Then when writing about the book she wont. When told she would have her name written on the board and kept in a break she really didn't care, in fact reminded the teacher to write her name down. The teacher said she would not let her leave the table until she had...