or Connect

Posts by MissCee

This was a main reason for our decision to not vax as well because of our faith :)   Here's a really good link that lists the vaccines with the cells in them and further information: http://www.novaccine.com/vaccine-ingredients/results.asp?sc=14   I know the Varivax vaccines (chickenpox) says right on the insert that there are residual amounts of the MRC-5 (aborted fetal tissue) DNA within the vaccine....
I voted never. Sure I would be a bit worried during an outbreak or if I traveled somewhere high-risk, but I can't ignore everything I've learned about vaccines and the risks that come with them. I strongly believe that in most healthy people, these diseases are not life threatening and proper nutrition and hygiene can play a huge role in preventing these diseases. I guess I would just rather take the chance at LO and myself catching something than some sort of adverse...
I didn't know that if I caught Pertussis as an adult, I would pass immunity onto my LO during birth and breastfeeding. That said, I would much rather catch it myself and even have my LO catch it at an age appropriate time for them to have natural immunity then get them (or myself) vaccinated.
I think parents (IMO) fear the unknown. Sure, it MAY be safe (which we know it's not, it's a neurotoxin), but the fact of the matter is the FDA doesn't "know" or won't admit to knowing. When it comes to something as serious as injecting a substance into a baby's bloodstream and not knowing the repercussions of those ingredients on the body of a baby, parents have the right to be concerned and to not give their babies those injections. If the FDA doesn't know for sure,...
  Really?   These memes don't even link to any source as to where this information is coming from besides a Facebook page. For anyone looking at this thread for information, I think that's really misleading for them. I don't care what side of the debate your on, it's important to use proper sources when you're saying whatever it is you're saying.   Also, this still doesn't address the fact that ethylmercury is a neurotoxin...it's not something the Institute of Medicine...
For me it's not so much as proving that vaccines are "bad", but more providing information to inform others. There are a lot of moms on here who come on just to read information on vaccines and for all the pro-vaccine information that is shared, there is just as important information on our end to share. I've always said that I really could care less who vaccinates their children just as long as they are informed of all the side effects, ingredients, etc. I guess I get...
I don't think there's a whole lot you could do at this point to prevent CP other than just breastfeeding and seeing if the antibodies protect LO from catching it and then making her as comfortable as possible if she does catch it.
This trailer gave me goosebumps haha!   One thing that has always stood out to me no matter what side of the vaccine debate that you are on is that even doctors have deferring opinions on the safety of vaccines. With something as commonly given and as publicly declared as "safe and effective", you'd think all doctors would be on the same page, no? Some doctors think all vaccines are safe, some think none are, and some think that only some are safe.
Just to clarify, I was NOT just talking about infants and children . . I only mentioned "parents" because I know a number of them still saying there is no thimerosal in vaccines.   I found this vaccine package insert for the Tripedia vaccine as well: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/biologicsbloodvaccines/vaccines/approvedproducts/ucm101580.pdf             I know it doesn't necessarily pertain to the thimerosal issue, but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.
http://www.iom.edu/~/media/Files/Activity%20Files/PublicHealth/ImmunizationSafety/Lucier.pdf         Not sure if this has ever been posted here, but a friend shared this on Facebook and I wanted to share it on here. Despite this information, there were still a large amount of parents saying that the amount in vaccines is perfectly safe and/or that there is no thimerosal in most vaccines, which is also incorrect. Thimerosal can still be found in these vaccines:   - DTaP...