or Connect

Posts by eabbmom

Littlestarlet- I didn't want any early ultrasounds and then I had a lot of pain and they did one. They found a subchorionic bleed,it's resolved now but I really didn't need the worry. I do not like this early worry stuff at all. We will certainly be thinking of you.
I don't know how you were tracking or if you were tracking at all. I was a week off according to the measurements and at this point the measurements they take are pretty right on for dating. I would relax, take the docs word for dating and go in for your follow up. I'm sorry this happened though, my first US I should have been able to see baby and all I saw was the yolk sac, it was a relief that at my second US everything was fine. My doctor still told my that I could...
Can you contact an experienced herbalist? Is there an herb store near you? I would definitely take a blood builder like chlorophyll, but that is the extent of what I can recommend.
Going with midwife care either at home or one based in a hospital is great advice. Get some reading done, the books listed above are great. Find a support group, locally if you can, of other young moms. You have some time to make good decisions about your care. Don't forget that even if you hire one care provider, it doesn't mean you can't change your mind later. If you go the hospital route look at all options and tour them before you commit. I'm on baby two and doing...
Work on your trauma with someone. It is hard to constantly relive your experience whenever you hear a monitor on TV or dream about it and imagine your baby isn't going through the same thing. My son shows no trauma from his experience. I was most concerned about him being weird about his feet- they could never get q vein for blood draws and had to heel stick him for blood. We made sure to play with his feet and did lots of massage. A baby has to go through a lot to be...
I'm sorry that your hospital is like that, I'm glad you found out now. It is so unfortunate that hospitals can't all be progressive and follow evidence based practices to help mom and baby. I hope a solution presents itself.
I think it is safe to not worry about these things until you visit the hospital you would transfer to and ask about them. Hospitals can get a bad rap and while some deserve, many do not. Ask about these concerns and you may find that the hospital is progressive and you have no reason to get fired up. Most hospital staff want what's best for you and want you to be safe and happy. If you have your baby in the hospital because you are risked out of the birth center you will...
I belong to a group on Facebook that is in ABQ but we have members up north...you can pm if you want an admins name to join. Have you been by Indigo Baby? She might have some leads.
I think that all birth camps have their fundamentalists that do their share of inciting fears and myths about the otherside. The best you can do is try and stay on the middle path. Really unpleasant and sometimes horrific things happen no matter the setting. Know your facts, rights and desires. There is no reason to budge on hep b but you may need to compromise on somethings and that is okay if you are informed, the discussion includes you and you make the ultimate call....
A doctor and hospital wouldn't accept a document like that with the legal ties because it opens them up to litigation. Write your plan, know the hospital rules and state laws, and make sure you have someone, preferably your partner, remind hospital staff of your needs, desires and rights. Some states (TX) do not allow you to take your placenta without court order. The rest of what you would like is fairly common these days and you won't be the first for them. Also...