or Connect

Posts by MamaLeslie

Wow, that comb! Gorgeous!!!
I've been dreaming of beekeeping since I was 14, so for 20 years. I keep telling myself someday...   The variations in flavour are one of the things that I love most about honey. And bees are just fascinating.
Hooray! The honey looks amazing.
Completely pointless post: I read the title of this and thought you were asking about people who worry ;)
Would it be awful if I joined you? Not to take focus away, but I need this, too. I am utterly overwhelmed, and I can't keep things tidy at all. My house is a disaster. I can post pics too (well, maybe not the kitchen LOL), and maybe we can help motivate each other? Be accountable to each other, maybe?   Let me know.   Otherwise, you DO sound overwhelmed. Don't overdo it, and find ways to make life manageable. I sacrificed so much of me when my kids were littler,...
definitely deferrer/perfectionist. Procrastination and perfectionism do NOT make a good pair!
Thanks for the thoughts- I am so overwhelmed with this move that I really can't be creative at all! You know those IKEA shelves that are pine and all open? I have struggled forever with how to enclose them so things don't fall off the back, especially when 1" deep baseboards are involved... Thanks for the idea- I can easily find something to staple to the back of them. I might see if I can find some more for super-cheap for the mudroom, because the 2 I have are needed...
Hello! I am moving in 2 weeks to a house in a tiny little hamlet... there is no entry way to speak of in this house, and I am determined to get control over the dump zone. Inside the real front door of the house is a small room/parlour, and I want to turn it into a mudroom type space for us to use as the coat/boot/bag/keys/etc drop-off zone. Finances are extremely tight right now, and I need idea for cheap to free ways to set up this room (no closets, beautiful woodwork...
Thanks, mamas. I use sweet potatoes for potatoes a lot, but it definitely changes the nature of a meal... I guess it's just a matter of struggling along and slowly finding what works. But it is not easy to find things the kids will eat and the adults will eat happily and that don't contain all the stuff we can't have. I am working on getting the kids to eat stir fries, but it hasn't been very successful so far. I don't know how they can be so veg-averse, with me a total...
I guess the title says it all. A lot of my frugal standbys are based around tomatoes or potatoes, and excluding peppers is also challenging. Other nightshades are easy enough to avoid for me. Add to that picky kids, and I'm pretty much left with my homemade chicken noodle soup. My budget is very limited right now, and I need to do better at planning ALL our meals/snacks, so I don't wind up overspending, wasting groceries, etc. All the resources I have tried don't do so...