or Connect

Posts by MamaLeslie

Thanks ladies! I'll be doing some playing around!
Hi... Looking for a little help in deciding how to lay out my kitchen. My partner and I just bought a 105 yr old house, and the kitchen was about 5' x 16' so that is becoming the laundry/1/2 bathroom. The first room we enter from outside is what has been used as a kitchen, and has the 220 for the stove. The room is about 17' x 15' and has doors in 3 corners, wainscoting all around, and no counters. I'll see if I can dig out a pic for you. Anyway, I just don't even...
You might think about the mongoose population as potential predators. I don't really know, but I sure did see a lot of mongoose in Hawai'i!
If you'd rather throw it out than dry clean it, what do you have to lose? I would try a gentle cycle wash, and air dry. Good luck!
http://www.youneedabudget.com/ I know nothing about it. Just thought I'd pop that in for others who don't know what it is
Quote: Originally Posted by fioner Thanks for the ideas! I like the idea of canning jars. How big is a large canning jar? I've never canned anything before, so I have no idea how big they come. I am in Canada, so ours are labelled differently, even though they are the same sizes... I can get 1 L (quart?), 1.5 L, and .5 L (pint?) in wide mouth or regular, but I prefer wide mouth. I also use old gallon pickle/hot pepper glass jars when I find...
I use various sizes of canning jars. Some from freecycle, some from second hand stores, some new.
Quote: Originally Posted by Periwinkle Grocery shopping - 1.5 hours I'm really glad I don't have to spend 1 1/2 hrs grocery shopping every day
Me. I am a miserable housekeeper. So is my big sis. The others seem to have learned. My mom kept the house clean, but our bedrooms were disasters. I never learned the basics. I gross myself out with my messy, dirty house. I hate how bad it is, and feel inadequate a lot. I hate having people come into my house. If it's bad to me, I can only imagine how bad it is to people who keep a clean house.
I think this is more what you mean by the prop...