or Connect

Posts by bellyfruit

Can I join in?  I have been lurking here this month.  I love the idea of the worm moon.  With spring rising up, I wanted to be part of it, so we felt now is a good time to make #3!  I ovulated on the 20 or 21, and am feeling phantom signs- mostly hunger, slight nausea and salivation.  But, I get bad morning sickness, hyperemesis really, so it may be anxiety making me feel this way. Here is to new life taking root!       
Can I join you ladies?  I ovulated on March 21, so I am now 6 dpo.  I am feeling all sorts of phantom symptoms.  I had cramps last night, have slightly heightened smell, am salivating a bit more, am hungry and bloated.  First time was a charm with my other two babies- a girl can hope!
A lot of good points have been touched on here.  I agree with isolation being the hardest part of mothering. We are isolated generationally from our parents and siblings, and physically from our friends and family due to the structure of our cities and neighborhoods.   At-home mothers sacrifice so much of their own security to be home with their young children in terms of pay, health care and retirement.  And it is worth it.  But imagine if health care was secure and...
This is the hardest part of being a sahm.  Doing so much cleaning that the family does not notice or appreciate.  The house is a complete disaster if I do not keep things up.  I have stopped taking care of many of my husbands messes.  I just leave them and some of the time he gets the hint.  I have tried to more evenly distribute chores countless times, and each time everyone stops doing their share.  With my children, of course, it is our responsibility to teach and...
I hear you mama!  I think the depression you are in a really common for sahm's.  I am in and out of it myself.  You mentioned a lot of things that are extra stressors in your life right now- the loss of your dd's nap is probably a big deal.   Somehow you need to make space for yourself in the family structure.  Can your mom come over for 2 hours a few days a week while you lock yourself in your bedroom or bathroom and chill/do yoga/bathe?  Can you share with anyone...
Yup- we humanure in an outhouse.  Love it.  
That is really cute!  I went ahead and got the Karlstad Ikea couch, it came to about $900.  It is really sturdy and comfy, I am happy with it.  
I agree with the previous posters.  Your child will be reading you for how to act in a new situation.  Confidence, trust and an easy-going demeanor help show that this is a safe, fun place and you are comfortable with him there.  I nursed my first child's reluctance too much and learned that what she needed from me was to show her how to transition- not to prolong her uncertainty with my own!  If you researched your school and like it, they will probably be more than...
We have fiestaware and love it. We've had it for four years and have no chips or breaks. It's often on sale at Macy's for half price.
I think your feelings are pretty normal for a first child.  I felt the same with my first, then with the second, your perspective changes.  I would not say that the attachment is any less, but the world seems much less scary.  And I have seen how much fun it is for the kids to be in the world on their own terms.  That they have relationships with great people that are between them and do not need me to mediate.   I have thought many times that a mother's helper a...