or Connect

Posts by ilovemybabies11

Hubby and I have been married 8 years, together 10 and we have two kids, 4 and 1. He had ADHD and I don't. Before we had kids, he was definitely ADHD, but not nearly as bad as he is now. He takes his meds during the week (90 mg Adderal XR) to help him focus at work, but he doesn’t like taking it on the weekends to give his body a break from the meds. But I feel like he seems like he goes through withdrawal symptoms because of it.He becomes manic, especially around...
Well, I'm doing well! I didn't have a drink for 3 weeks about 6 weeks ago, then had a couple of drinks after 3 weeks for a charity fundraiser, then again I had a half a glass of wine on Easter. I've been taking L-Glutamine and B complex every day and I don't know if that's helping or what, but after the event a few weeks ago having a couple drinks, I was tempted to have a drink the next day, but it was much easier not to, instead. It's crazy! I actually think moderation...
So, I have struggled with alcohol dependence for quite some time now. Had my first drink when I was 12 and started drinking on a regular basis at 16. My parents were of the thought that they would let me drink as long as I was responsible and only did it at home. I finally told my husband last night that I need to figure out a way to moderate myself with alcohol or go off of it. I honestly don't think I will have a problem going off of it completely if all my loved ones...
How do you make a set spending amount for each person when your income fluctuates so much? He's on commission and most weeks he makes enough to cover our comfortable budget, that includes everything, even spend money, but what do we do when he doesn't have a good check?
So, after 2 1/2 days of barely speaking to eachother, last night was Valentines, and of course the kids and I did something special for DH..I wasn't about to get all pissy and not do Valentines because I was upset..I made him his favorite dinner, and DS and I dipped strawberries in chocolate..and we made a craft for Daddy. He came home with roses and chocolates for me and we enjoyed dinner together. We still weren't talking much and I finally said "we need to talk about...
Okay, I need some advice. DH and I are having some difficulties. The issues have always been there, but after 7 almost 8 years of the same problems I'm starting to get fed up with it all and am just tired of arguing over the same issues over and over again. This is how it starts. I get upset about a decision DH wants to make (usually involving how money is spent) and tell him my opinon about. Well basically, until I back down on the issue, its debated to death, he tells...
DH never said to me, you're the SAHP so you do all the parenting, but that's what happened when DS was that age. from birth until he weaned at 21 months, I was the primary caregiver, and did most of the parenting. Looking back, I realized I didn't initiate anything to help myself out because DS was very clingy and I was the only one who could comfort him. I never would have dreamed of leaving him with DH and just going out so they could figure it out. Now that DS is 3,...
No, I think you're right about that. We rarely if ever have a date night because when he's home he wants to spend time with me and the kids because he hardly sees us as is. so I have a hard time saying, okay you haven't seen the kids all week, but lets leave them with a sitter and go out just us. you know??
Thanks everyone. My friends and family sometimes give me grief about him working less and spending more time with us, doing more around the house, etc. but they just don't see the situation every day, nor do they realize the demands of his job. We make pretty good money because of how much he works, and I know that he could probably work less if he wanted to, but he can work as much as he wants or just do the bare minimum, and he's all about doing his best job, which...
Okay, so I just need someone to tell me if this seems fair. Some days I feel like I do so much more than DH, but some days I'm sure he feels the same way about his job. DH has a labor intensive job, works anywhere from 50-80 hrs a week, and never has time to get enough sleep..he usually gets 5-6 hours a night or so. He like me, needs down time before bed, and will spend an hour winding down rather than take that hour to get more sleep. On his light weeks(50 hours) he...