or Connect

Posts by onlyzombiecat

I agree that marriage can mean different things to different people. Truly not everyone gets married for the same reasons and that is going to impact how you feel about it. Different people are happy with different types of relationships. I can see that there might be reasons you'd be okay with an open relationship if your view of your marriage is different from the start.   For me, it would invalidate my marriage to date other people. I feel that my marriage is about...
No. It isn't the sort of relationship I would want so I would not date that person. I don't understand getting married and then dating other people. Why bother marrying at all? Obviously it is okay for some people and makes sense to them but is not for me.
  Yeah, where you live can make a difference in how much you are paying for food.   If you feel that you don't want to change what kinds of things you buy and you can afford what you usually spend then that is what I would budget as your amount- even if it is more than you saw recommended.  Someone who is more flexible or has different priorities might spend less.  
I like the suggestion of staying for 3 months in each place as a compromise.   Do you have any idea where you will end up living at the end of this time period? If you do not know where you will be living in a year, maybe you can make a list of places where you might want to settle down someday to try them out. I think there are many things you don't know until you live somewhere and it would be wonderful to have a trial run without being committed.   I would do...
My dd has hair that tangles easily and a sensitive scalp.   It took awhile for us to find a hair brush that she could stand but we did. Brushing at least once per day with that brush. Putting her hair in a pony tail or braid. Conditioner whenever her hair is washed (every other day). Detangling spray. We used olive oil to comb through tangles once- it worked but was messy. Still got a huge tangled mess every so often.   Dd had chin length hair for awhile which...
I have tried a few different ways. Usually I just list 7 dinners on a piece of paper.  I do not assign them a specific date. I would only try one new recipe per week. I put the meal list on the refrigerator. I cross things off as we have them. I pull any recipes I need for the week so they are out where I can find them.   Another method I have used is to just make a list of 28 dinners and then rotate that list for a couple of months. I do assign days for meals....
Family of 3, 2 dogs, 3 cats. Dd (12) and I eat all meals at home; dh skips breakfast but takes lunch from home and eats here in the evenings and weekend. We spend about $100-$150 per week on food which works for our budget. We try to have meatless meals several times during the week but are not vegetarians. We do not usually buy organic, grass fed, cage free, etc.  and do not use coupons. We do buy store brands. We live in a lower cost of living...
I was thinking about this more and also thought that you could ask her to do an immediate exchange for every single favor from now on. If she says she can't then you firmly say no because that is the deal for using your stuff from now on. I'm sure you could use help too- maybe cleaning, laundry, babysitting, or yard work. If she isn't just a user then she would sincerely want to help you as well and probably be relieved at a task she can do for you that doesn't cost her...
Feeling like I know dd super well but never knowing exactly how she will react or what she will do. She surprises me. How little dd cares about doing what everyone else does. How much she is not a copy of dh or me. How eclectic she can be in what she enjoys.  I think it is awesome that she is so much her own person with her own interests. I love how animated she is when she tells stories or reads aloud.
I think what struck me in the article was an emphasis on the process rather than just the result/grade and that is something I think we probably tend to do more as homeschoolers than those in a school environment.     My dd had an incredibly difficult time getting basic math concepts. We kept at it and eventually she got there. It wasn't a failure that she was having trouble and she isn't stupid. She does a problem until she understands it. We discuss it. We don't...