or Connect

Posts by Mittens

Oh, i like that distinction! Thank you!
Thank you lactatinggirl! I appreciate your suggestions.   I know about the prefrontal cortex and also do not think children are being bad when they have tantrums. I just feel sort of out of ideas after trying everything in my gentle discipline tool box, so to speak. I don't actually think she's provoking me on purpose, it just "feels" like that sometimes after i've tried everything positive to move through it and that's when i lose my cool. For tantrums, i hold her...
I've never had a 2 (almost 3) year old before so i feel so in the dark most of the time. What is considered "normal" at this stage in terms of tantrums and testing boundaries and power struggles? My DD is driving me a bit mad. I feel like she is actually provoking me to get upset with her in the sense that i am gentle/respectful and try many positive ways of dealing with things until it gets to a last straw (could just bang my head against the wall) feeling for me...
I have a sling, a moby (haven't tried it yet) and an ergo. Since Levi was 11 pounds at birth, he is big enough to go in the ergo already without the insert and he seems to really like it so long as i am outside walking, or i have discovered that if i walk inside for a little bit, he likes it then too and cozies up and goes right to sleep. the sling already just feels yucky, but it was nice for the first week. he is a month old now.   how do people find the ergo with...
Anybody read any of them? Did you like them and find them helpful? I've just discovered her work and philosophy, having read some of her articles, and it all feels really right to me. I just may order all of her books.
Thank you all so much. I have found that being totally focused on him in those moments to be really helpful. I am often distracted with my toddler, so good advice! I think he was also having a growth spurt because he began to sleep in the day again, and he sleeps through the night mostly so i really can't complain! At least i am well rested to hold him all day on those days that he needs it! And being outside with him in the carrier puts him right out and like miranda...
Home Vaginal G2p2 Shoulder Dystocia 40w + 5 10 lbs 14 oz Male
Hey everyone! My little guy who is just over 3 weeks old now (man how time flies!) has started sleeping far less during the day. He sleeps quite well through the night so that's pretty awesome, but in the day he doesn't really sleep at all, which is fine hopefully, but he needs to be held the entire time or he screams. And i am talking from 10 am to midnight. I have a toddler, and a house to keep, so i can't exactly carry him every minute of the day. I have an ergo and a...
UPDATED WITH BIRTH STORY-- FIRST POST #1  
It's hit me hard. Anyone else? What do you do or take for it? My DH is out right now picking me up some Rescue Remedy and a homeopathic remedy. Hope one of these helps.....