or Connect

Posts by sarahariz

I'm excited to read your post, because I've been experiencing the same thing on one side. It seemed to start after one night when she just sucked and sucked and sucked until my breast must have been "dry" inside. Then twice I got a milk blister on that nipple-now those have gone away, but it has turned into sort of a continuous ache in that breast. It feels like it is deep inside. It kills when she latches on and it hurts, more or less, while she nurses. It also...
I totally agree, there is not much out there about how to wean! I have a 32 mo old who loves to nurse, and I've tried to wean her because of terrible tooth decay-at least night wean her. (I know there is info out there that nursing does not cause tooth decay-been there done that!). Also, though, I am actually getting to the point of utter frustration with the nursing on demand. I''m glad to hear you've successfully day weaned. I'm like a conditioned stimulus for my...
Quote: Originally Posted by sphinxie Thanks--I think I know what I need to do. Calculate how long beans need to be cooked the usual way, then translate that into crockpot cooking time, and use that for recipes where I can find another base besides canned tomatoes. (Which was getting repetitive anyway.) I used to do this with no trouble when I lived in a small town in CA. Here when I try it there's gross foam and the beans taste dreadful. I think in...
Quote: Originally Posted by momma,mia My husband and I have been debating this topic as well. I am scared not to do anything, but more scared of losing my son due to GA. I totally understand your fears. Our dd had GA Dec 4 and had 8 teeth capped-upper 4 front and the 4 first molars. One thing that really helped me decide was finding a dentist (he wasn't a children's dentist or a holistic dentist) who took the time to work with her and we...
I used Hyland's teething tablets w/ my dd, which worked well. Be advised, though, they are in a lactose (milk sugar) base.... so it is good to start wiping your dd's teeth off with cotton gauze or a washcloth at least once a day (before bed is a good time) to prevent future tooth decay. Spry tooth gel is also a good choice for cleaning baby's teeth, as it contains xylitol, which kills the bacteria that causes tooth decay and it is designed for infants....
These are some great ideas! Thanks everyone! DH and I played dentist last night w/ her and that was somewhat helpful.
Just an update... it has gone far better than I expected! I told dd that we were going to learn to fall back to sleep without milk during the night, and she could have milk again in the morning. I have continued to nurse her to sleep, though (I'll tackle that next). The first two nights were the hardest as she cried and kind of tantrumed a bit saying she wanted milk, kicking and pulling at my shirt... but that only happened the first time she woke up the first night...
My 28 mo dd had GA and 8 caps (4 on upper front, 1 on each of the first molars) last Mon Dec 4. She has become increasingly resistant to our brushing her teeth such that we can barely do anything, and by last night, her gums were bleeding when I managed to barely touch them with the brush. They are getting more swollen and red. The dentist said the day after the procedure that we needed to brush her gums so they would heal. I've tried Ambesol (to numb the gums),...
Thanks, Kim. My dd got 8 crowns total-on the 4 front teeth and the 4 first molars. Was your son nursed to sleep too? Did you stop that at the same time that you night weaned?
I need to night wean my 28 mo old who nurses to sleep and nurses probably at least 8 times during the night-we co-sleep. She just had extensive dental work done yesterday under GA and I must night wean. I know some would argue that bm does not cause tooth decay, but in her case it is causing it. The last two months we have done everything else we could (brushing twice a day, using xylitol and flouride, etc) to stop the decay but the dentist said yesterday it was...