or Connect

Posts by sarahariz

Hi Lisa & Nancy, Lisa, If you round up you are old enough to be in with us... I wonder for first time moms, what percentage are what ages in the US when they have their babes? That would be interesting to find out. Nancy, I haven't found that I'm giving advice-maybe because the younger moms' babies are a little older than mine, they've aleady been through whatever I might give them advice about. There's maybe one person I can thibk of that I've given advice to,...
I cried when I read your response. It is beautiful. Quote: Originally Posted by nurnur4evr But, after time has passed and you have healed, you will be able to tell him how the angels were singing and the stars danced when he made his journey into the world; how when you held him in your arms you counted all his fingers and toes; how you could spend hours just looking at him in amazement, how his eyes looked just like his dad's, and how you had...
I'm glad your daughter was born vaginally and was safe and sound. What an ordeal you went through! Hearing about the way the midwives handled it makes me sad!
Are there any age 40 or over first time Moms out there? I am 42 years old and had my first baby, a dd, Jasmine, at home in Prescott, AZ on 7/25/04. She is now 4 mo old! We had a midwife assisted waterbirth. The birth itself went well but I had a lot of bleeding afterwards and 6 weeks later the retained placenta was removed after I started having bursts of bleeding when I would stand up after sitting and nursing. I've met lots of new moms through a local mothers...
My 4 mo old has it too, in a patch on her right cheek. My pediatrician says it is an inherited tendency. I've tried adding Omega 3 Fatty acid supplements (in the form of Carlson's fish oil) to my diet since I'm breastfeeding, but I haven't noticed a difference. Perhaps I'm not taking enough? She also has cradlecap. The one thing that seems to help is putting on an organic lotion-the one I have has MSM and aloe as the main ingredients.
I wonder if anyone has ever said anything to the moms they see doing these things. I've often felt like it but never have. It is really hard to know what to say, but then I think, if I don't say something, who will? I would like to try to start doing this... any suggestions?
Wow! I hadn't noticed my hair falling out any more than usual, but I'm 42, so I think a lot of it has already fallen out! I have noticed a few more grey hairs! Are there any other older moms here? Hi Michelle, yes I notice Juliette and Jasmine have the same birthday! I felt so sad about the results of the election yesterday-I had several crying spells!
I like hearing that a lot of you are going thru the same thing-baby wants to be with you always. It is amazing the subtle and not so subtle pressure from others to "get over it," like, you should want to leave your baby with a babysitter or something. A part of me would LOVE to be able to do all the things I used to, but another part just wants to do whatever is best for baby. Is there a key somewhere for the abbreviations? I'm making up that DC is dear child... am I on...
I like hearing that a lot of you are going thru the same thing-baby wants to be with you always. It is amazing the subtle and not so subtle pressure from others to "get over it," like, you should want to leave your baby with a babysitter or something. A part of me would LOVE to be able to do all the things I used to, but another part just wants to do whatever is best for baby. Is there a key somewhere for the abbreviations? I'm making up that DC is dear child... am I...
I'm 42 and had my first baby July 25. Her name is Jasmine and she is such a delight! I've been reading about some of you having to go back to work. That must be so excruciatingly hard! I am so thankful I was able to quit my job to take care of my little one! I am with her almost all the time-I'm breastfeeding and co-sleeping. However, I can't seem to leave her with anyone-including her dad-without her crying the whole time I am gone. Has anyone else had this...