or Connect

Posts by sarahariz

Hi Jane and all, I'm subbing to this fantastic thread because 26 mo old dd went to dentist for the first time the other day and they recommended extracting the lateral incisors, doing "pulpotomies" on the two front teeth, then crowns (although they may end up being extracted too), crowns on upper molars, and a bunch of other fillings, all under CS. I was feeling guilty about not brushing her teeth more, breastfeeding, eating sugar, etc. But now I'm feeling angry...
Quote: Originally Posted by MCatLvrMoMof2 Right now he isnt in any pain 23mo and so I am not gonna get anything done for them. If/when they start to hurt then I will have the caps put on. They dont look any worse now than they did almost a year ago and he uses them to bite things with no trouble. When I took 26 mo old dd to the dentist they said the lateral incisors were already so bad they could not be capped, but would have to be extracted! ...
How old is your DD? Mine is 26 months and has all her baby teeth fully in except the upper two last molars, which are just now breaking the skin. She also got her teeth early. I just looked it up in my diary and see at 8 months old she had 3 of the top 4 coming in. For those doing topical flouride, can you just use any flouride toothpaste or is there something special someone can recommend?
Quote: Originally Posted by dani76 This has been such a heart-breaking experience and we haven't even had the surgery yet! I just wish I would have done something when I first suspected that something was wrong. Good luck to you! I know! I wish I would have done more! I thought that was the case with breastmilk-that is was digested quickly. How much does this dentist know if he doesn't even know that? But they also said no water. ...
I finally took my daughter to the dentist yesterday even though I had known for a while her top 4 teeth were in trouble. They want to extract the lateral incisors and possibly her two front teeth, depending on how much decay they find when they go in--otherwise they will cap the front two. They want to use CS. Also supposedly she has about 6 other cavities and they want to cap a back molar as well. We do the night nursing on demand too, and we brush her teeth once a...
Quote: Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess I'm new here. My 4wk old is fussy and I'm working on possible diet issues. Do you think it would/could help me to take probiotics? I have been... I ordered them for him but they haven't arrived. Is it possible to open a capsule of mine and give him a dab? Yes, you can make a paste and put it on your nipple if you are bf and he will get some that way.
Quote: Originally Posted by jrose_lee Tell me what I should get. Ds is 7 months and exclusively breastfed. I also would not want to take anything that would be unsafe or damage our breastfeeding relationship. For yeast, my practitioner recommended ADP (Oil of Oregano) pills made by Biotics Research Corp. You have to get them through a practitioner though. I tried the Makers Diet recommended ones that you can buy through the HFS and they...
Quote: Originally Posted by saskiasmom Unfortunately, yogurt is not ok on the anti candida diet. Lots of fermented foods and bone broth..... It depends on the diet. In the Complete Candida Guidebook, eating PLAIN yogurt is okay if you mix in some probiotics before eating.
Hi, You really have to eliminate dairy TOTALLY for at least two weeks-probably more-to see if it is a culprit. If you are still nursing, it will take 2 weeks to get out of your system, then 2 more weeks to get out of hers. Also, you still might not see an improvement until any other offending foods are removed as well. With my dd, my naturopath told me to eliminate wheat, dairy, & eggs for 2 weeks and if one of them was causing it, I should see an improvement in 2...
I just got the Mood Cure from the library and have been experimenting with some of the aminos recommended. I slept better last night than I had in a long while using the GABA and the tryptophan! I'm also eliminating sugar and trying to eat more protein. My mind feels clearer already and I only started yesterday!