or Connect

Posts by MrsSlocombe

I like some of the simple meal ideas (especially spaghetti and the smoothie) listed so far.  Still, the dinner you made sounds yummy.  What's funny to me is that chicken nuggets seem so gross that it's hard to believe they are a favorite food of "picky" kids;  of course, they are for many.   You could try asking the teenagers to find a vegan dinner recipe that they would like to try, and cook it together.  I have noticed that people who like to cook are rarely picky...
Interesting, guys.  It sounds like the use of disposable wipes with cloth diapers is relatively rare.  I suppose if more people did it, the cloth diaper pails would come with handy, side "wipe genies."
I have registered for 18 prefold diapers and 6 covers (so few in case we decide we prefer a different type/brand) and a cloth diaper pail with odor filters.  It just occurred to me that, in my six years taking care of children in other people's homes, I have always folded the wipes up in the disposable diaper and put them in the "diaper genie" (specifically for disposable diapers - entire contents get thrown away).  If I am using disposable wipes with cloth diapers, what...
I'm writing my birth plan, and as much as I am trying to emphasize the "let nature take its course" philosophy that I agree should always be the first line of action, I need to put something for what to do if it is determined that nature is not taking the proper course.  To the best of my knowledge, the usual way of dealing with this is to try pitocin first and then a C-section.  Is it possible to skip pitocin and go straight to C-section, and if so, do you think it...
Last June, I had a fertility test done (of my fallopian tubes - a dumb choice since there was no reason to think anything was wrong with them), based on my insurance company seemingly having told the doctor's office staff that they would cover it.  The insurance company had told me they wouldn't, but someone from the staff (a receptionist, I guess) called and then reported to me that they would "most likely" cover it, and if they didn't, the doctor would not bill me. ...
Oh, that's not too bad for two liters.  Thanks for sharing!
I don't know this one.  It probably would not work for me because I'm not religious, but can you share what it is?  Is it something a pregnant woman throws, herself?
I have a friend who became pregnant twice while being mostly vegan (with a little egg) and having very low body weight and fat;  the first time was accidental, and the second time happened the very day she started trying, so it is clear that she had no fertility problems at all. I am a vegan with a moderate amount of body fat, and I spent ages 33 through 35 trying to conceive.  I was only successful after taking Clomid, and I have no idea if my diet was a factor.  I...
It sounds like the issue is not just about values (e.g., materialism), but about hurt feelings regarding their flaunting things you can't afford.  (I can't afford them, either.)   I also get annoyed when rich people state that things many people cannot afford are "musts."  For example, when I worked as a nanny, the Mom questioned whether or not we could have a child at all, since our three-bedroom house contains only one bathroom.  I replied, "Well, someone could...
This is really useful - thank you!