or Connect

Posts by Mama Chickadee

I'm curious about this too, as we will be in the same position at some point! My guess is that probably they will not at all care *what* the paper says so long as it meets the requirements one way or the other. School nurses expend massive amounts of energy chasing down parents for incomplete files... I'm betting they will just be happy if you submit paperwork on time Give an update sometime?
Thinkingoutloud- see upthread the recommendation for Dr. Cooper at Acton Medical Associates. We've been there 3 years now, and love Dr. Cooper. Their office is very well run, and every other doc we have seen there for urgent visits are good, too. It will run you approx 1 hr to get there, though. It takes me 30 mins to get there, but I drive there gladly!
Still wonder about this, too! I guess either way, the OP has a definitive answer by now!!!
We are using the Moby mostly now. I finally got the hang of wrapping it so that she is snug and comfortable, and now that I figured out that I can slip her out, and then just wear it until she wants "in" again, it makes the initial work of getting it on worth it.    I am starting to wonder if maybe the random seeming episodes of plugged ducts were being cause by the Ergo? I wore her for about 2.5 hours in the Ergo a few weeks ago, and then I got a plugged duct on the...
I'm glad you found two people who you like! Its difficult to make decisions like that, but at least it seems like you are making a decision between two good options, rather than deciding between which option is less worse :)   We had a nanny, and yes, the tax stuff is a HUGE PITA. We used a service for it, and thought we were all good with it, but then after 2 years of working out of the home, I stayed home full time, and no longer had a nanny. The IRS put us through...
Miri won't take a bottle yet either. Granted, we haven't tried terribly hard, but she just hates anything but mom in her mouth! She has a strong gag reflex, too. I left her with DH for 2 hours the other day and a warm bottle, and she was fine for the first hour, but then got hungry. He tried all sorts of things to get her to take it, but she wasn't interested. So she basically screamed for an hour. She ended up swallowing a bunch of air, was fussy for the rest of the...
Hi everyone!   Its been so nice to read updates from everyone, and hear all the news!!! I rarely have any time to type with both hands, so haven't been checking in much.    Miriam is 10 weeks old now. She's smiling and cooing, its just so much fun :) I'm starting to bathe her more frequently... at this point she's probably only had about 7 or 8 baths total, which was fine up till now, but she's starting to get "scurfy" pretty quickly, and just needs total body...
Miriam was 7lbs 8ozs at birth, 10lbs 14.4 ozs at  weeks. She's in the 47% percentile
Have you tried a wet washcloth on her feet? That would really wake mine up. Also, this won't speed things up, but have you tried side lying nursing so you can rest while nursing? Or laying back in a recliner with baby snuggled in next to you? I'm just realizing now with this babe that they can actually eat, get full and go to sleep. My first two nursed All. The. Time. I thought that was just what babies did, but evidently they had pretty high sucking needs. I got comfy...
Not exactly a post partum product, but this time around, I put all my post partum things in a small handbag/luggage so that everything was ready before the birth. That went straight into the bathroom afterwards, and it was really nice to have all my "stuff" in one place, and easily zipped up to either be a little more discrete, or to keep it away from my curious toddler!   On a similar note, someone upthread mentioned having a sports water bottle that could be drunk...