or Connect

Posts by Mama Chickadee

Ooh, I love your finished necklace, Andaluza! Its beautiful! The wooden spacers look very nice. It looks like you used the red bead as sort of a middle pendant? That is what I ended up doing with mine :)
The hospital pedi gave us endless grief about leaving the hospital 7 hours after our perfectly normal, healthy birth. When planning for the birth of our second, my OB suggested that I have a letter from our pedi saying a doctor could examine the baby within 24 hours of the birth. Funny thing is, we had the SAME hospital pedi the second time around, I don't think she ever saw the letter, and had no issue with us leaving 8 hours after birth. I think it's the difference...
I'm full term today... yea!!!    Given that I am due August 16th, that means that a full half of our DDC is now full term. Bring on the babies!
I just started thinking about what I want to have on hand for post-partum products. Here's what I am thinking:     Witch hazel for freezing in pads Heavy pads Preparation H in case of hemmorhoids (hasn't happened before, but one never knows) Tucks pads for wiping Mesh post partum panties (I think I have a stash from the last birth, gotta go find them) Motrin & tylenol - had HORRIFIC afterpains last time from second birth, and want to be prepared this time...
Hmm, guess I never posted here either! I'm due August 16th. We're expecting our 3rd child, a girl.
This can certainly be the case, however, it is only one type of experience. My active labor contractions for both my labors were not at all painful through to transition. Then they were somewhat painful, but completely emotionally overwhelming in a way I can't really describe. Some women feel really good in the pushing stage, but I really hated it both times and found those contractions painful.So, just throwing it out there that women experience contractions in different...
Um... It's a tightening, sort of like a Charlie horse but not painful. It's strange because usually your middle section moves with the rest of your body, but it's like it freezes, and the whole motion thing in your body doesn't work.Or, another way I like to describe the contractions I have is like a big sneeze. You know how you start to get that tickle, so you stop what you are doing, and start directing your concentration toward the sneeze, and then it just takes over...
Yes, terribly itchy here, but it's because I ran into some poison ivy. Blah!!!! I haven't gotten it in over a decade, and I thought it was a bug bite at first, so it spread quite a bit before I got the special wash to get the oils out. Finally after a week and a half, it's going away! I do have pretty dry skin right now, too, I think due to pregnancy, but I have been afraid to moisturizer, foe fear that I still had some poison ivy oil on me, and would spread it further.
DDC crashing...   I see my chiro every 2-3 weeks at this point. I have sciatica in my left side, and I find that lying on one side or the other can help (sometimes on the right side, sometimes on the left, go figure.    One friend suggested doing a little yoga child pose. Evil woman. You try doing child's pose with a basketball under your belly! I am sure there is a modification that can be done, though.    I also find that when I lay down at night, it REALLY...
I've started to get contractions in the last few days that actually stop me in my tracks. Before, I could keep walking through, or doing whatever, these buggers are just all consuming, and I have to wait for them to pass. Not painful, but annoying.