or Connect

Posts by doularebekah

Hello friends! Just checking in after a long quiet period to see how everyone's doing, I'm going to promise again to try and touch base more often now that the crazy season is over. I'm a bit jealous of your snow to be honest! It has been lovely and warm here though and I'm hoping to head to the river for a swim tomorrow.    thebyr - I definitely see a line on all of those! And I hardly ever see them to be honest so congrats mama, this is so exciting! Sending tons of...
Hey ladies, just checking in! Welcome to all the new ladies, I'm sure you'll love this group but hopefully your stay is short!    AFM - I'm onto my next cycle, I had high hopes (as always) for the last one but no such luck. I'll be off to see the doctor this week to look over my fertility blood work up and see if we can come up with a plan. Oh, and lilac I've been meaning to mention this for ages but keep forgetting - I'm 31 now :)
Thanks for this! I'm hoping to make a quilt out of the t-shirts that belonged to my aunt and uncle's little girl who passed away a month ago and was wondering about exactly this!
Oh dakipode, I'm so sorry to hear this.  Sending you lots of love and hugs!
dakipode - Congratulations!! Wow, what amazing news! I'd been thinking of you and checking in here to see what your results are, I'm so pleased for you both!    TeamViddy - I'm sorry to hear that you're not getting any luck with finding answers. I totally know what you mean about wishing something came back negative or wrong, so at least you'd have an answer or something to pin it on. It's a rough road this TTC journey, for sure.    lilac - I can't remember if I...
Thanks for the kind words everyone :) My aunt and uncle never could have kids, and after raising my sister and I their adopting T came as quite the surprise to everyone! The house is pretty quiet now, which has been hard to get used to but we're slowly starting to get back into a rhythm. I've always laughed at what a cliche it is to say 'one day at a time', but now I know how really true those words are.    dakipode - how're you doing? Any sign of AF yet? Fingers...
Thanks for the new thread, Lilac. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here but I wanted to join in anyway - I'm incredibly grateful for the time I've spent with Tynesha Rose (my aunt and uncle's little girl, my sister/cousin and the little girl we moved to help care for) over the past few months, and that we were able to have her at home with us, sedated and pain-free at last when she passed away last week. It has been such a shitty week in so many ways, I'm pretty...
CvilleC - Welcome! MDC definitely is a great community and I'm sure you're going to love this group. Good luck with figuring out all the acronyms and TTC ins and outs, I still have to double check the meaning of things sometimes! Fingers crossed your stay here will be short :)   dakipode & lilac - Thanks for the OPK info! I was thinking of trying the digital ones because of the guess work maybe being stressful and that's what I'm trying to get away from. I think I'm...
lilac - Thanks for that! Oh man, that icing sounds incredible - I definitely have to try it! I always had a hard time making my classroom look pretty, school classroom usually just aren't. I always just went for bright colours and hoped for the best :)   tickletoes - I'll definitely try and get a photo of my quilt, I'm really happy with how it's turning out! I'm only a baby quilter, definitely more of a knitter as I'm not always as patient as quilting needs you to...
Sounds like everyone has some fun stuff planned. Hopefully you're all relaxing a bit, too! My aunt (who we're back living with) is reopening her quilt shop as an online store so I'm working on the web design and social media side of things. It's really good having a project to focus on and I'm having heaps of fun learning the designing stuff. If any of you are quilters, stitchers or sewers you should sign up to the newsletter or like the Facebook page - she has some...