or Connect

Posts by Sheri

We all see from the day our children are born the love of learning that we all have inside us. You say your son is doing great in school and it is because of this love of learning, the pride he gets from a job well done. If you provide a rich learning environment for him (and your other children) including lots of books, library visits, field trips etc then how could you possibly fail? As for the negativity, I have not had to deal very much with my family in that way....
I just picked up a copy of Herbs for Health and both the banana peel and Tea Tree oil were listed to work on Plantar Warts (by readers). It said to use regular tea tree oil neat on the spot but to put some kind of barrier on the skin around the wart like vaseline or unpetroleum jelly (salve) That seems like something you could use and leave on and also should be available at many health food stores. Sheri
I know this sounds strange but I read about it in Doctors Book of Home Remedies years ago and have used it myself. It is banana peel. You just use a small piece of skin and put the inside on the wart. Cover with a bandaid. Change it 2-3x per day. When I did it I just peeled the banana a little as I needed it so it stayed fresh. Sheri
My daughter is 6 and has told me she would like to go to school. I asked her why and it had to do with playing with other kids so I told her about the time school would take each day and that often she would not be able to play with friends after school because of the long bus ride and homework requirements. Later I talked to my husband about it and he said if she asks again to do a full day school just as it would be if she went, with recess and lunch and much more...
Terri, I am glad yours went pretty well. I just had my 2nd root canal in about October and it has been a horror story. The root canal itself went fine but about a week later I was still in pain, so I went back into the dentist and he ground that tooth down (after making a mistake and grinding the wrong one) When I got home I felt the need to floss and when I flossed all the OLD filling work popped out and left me with about 1/2 a tooth. I have since been off and on in...
We purposely exposed our daughter last year and my husband told me he had already had them. Well we came to find out he hadn't. He ended up with probably 10x as many pox as she did. His entire face was covered and he has many scars now from it. He also had them inside his mouth and could only eat smoothies. This was not a problem for DD. He told me he felt like he had them in his lungs too. Luckily everyone recovered without incident but I am very glad my DD got it now...
Would love some thoughts. Sheri
I used Wild Yam throughout my cycle to conceive. I have PCOS and I have conceived twice using Wild Yam with some other herbs. Perhaps it may stop conception in women with normal hormone function (unlike myself), but I would certainly not trust it to do that. It also may have something to do with the dosage. 3300 mg per day is a very large dose (especially to take during nursing) The bottle of Wild Yam I took did not recommend more than I think 1500mg per day. I am with the...
I hear you talking about ingested flouride but what about the flouride treatments at the office. My daughter is 6 and they want her to have these treatments. Both my brother and I had them and fluoride drops as children and we both have had terrible problems with cavities. I don't see any prevention that occurred. Can you direct me to any info about this subject? Sheri PS. I will check out your site.
I have both of the books by Susan Miller Cavitch but if I could only have one it would the Natural Soap Book (not the companion) You can cut the recipe down as they make a lot of soap. I sell soap and I get about 40 bars out of 3/4 of her batch size. The soap essentials bar is very nice. I took a soap making class and the best thing I got out of it is to do your lye in the sink. I was afraid of using the lye, but the teacher told us that if your container was to overheat...