or Connect

Posts by svea

Hey!   As Cat says, I can imagine 2 possible scenarios. If it's the first scenario, where the fabric is getting loose, here are some things that help me when that happens: 1. Sometimes when the sling fabric is too smooth or thin (which can happen if it's a well-used sling) the fabric moves around and can slip on the rings a bit. I guess the fix for this is tying the fabric around the rings after you've got it to a good tightness, or reinforcing the fabric, or...
Your post brought back so many memories! My babe is 9 mos now but we carried him in the Moby for the first few. We stopped because he was no longer submitting to being held facing in. He wanted to look around and there was nothing that would appease him, save, well, looking around... I then tried the Becco and Ergo and Baby Bjorn, but settled on that old stand-by, the ring sling. I like how simple and compact it is. Also, as he gets heavier I can transfer more of the...
Sending you hugs!   Your mom sounds whack. I'm sorry she's keeping your sister from you. I semi-raised my sister, too, and I love her more than anything in the world. I would go to the ends of the world to protect her. ;) Although it seems like she's your responsibility (because you raised her), your main responsibility is for yourself. When your sister is old enough to make her own decisions, she will contact you.  If I were you I would just make sure she knows how...
Just a personal anecdote about this: I don't know much about the potential for hip/back development problems (and of COURSE that's something to be investigated when it comes to a baby carrier!), but I was carried in a cradleboard as a baby and I LOVED it. It was a huge part of my early childhood, and a really positive experience for everyone involved. For what it's worth, I have 0 hip/back problems.   It is a traditional babywearing method in Northern Sweden (though...