or Connect

Posts by Sweetserene

I wanted to second the garlic and mullin oil drops for ears. I just started using that for my little one, who doesn't seem to have an ear infection, but is definitely bothered by his ears, and it has been helping. 
Hi there,   I was in a similar position several months ago, when my little guy was only 4 months old. I was so worried about how he would cope, how he would sleep, eat, etc.    He did amazingly with just my husband. They got some good bonding time, and my son really took the "out of sight out of mind" route, which was great. His sleep schedule stayed the same. Before I left, I pumped milk like crazy so that there was enough frozen milk to be defrosted for him. If...
Does anyone have a set feeding schedule for their infant? My son is 8 months old and is primarily breastfed, but he is eating solids. He still nurses through the night, usually once around 11 p.m. and once around 5 or 6 a.m. I feed him solids in the morning and before bed, and here and there throughout the day, mixed in with nursing. But I feel like he eats lots of smaller meals and will eat every couple of hours. He's also teething, so when he gets really fussy and a...
My husband will wear our son in an Ergo carrier sometimes so that he will nap; lately, he hasn't been napping well and seems to need extra security. I use the Ergo for the baby's naps, too, and it really helps me get things done around the house. I don't feel so confined to one place. 
You sound like you definitely need a break!   I would hire a baby-sitter to come in for a few hours a couple of days a week, just so that you have some time alone to do whatever it is you need to in order to recharge. Maybe you could even barter for the hours, but if not, still consider it. I know that when my husband brought that idea up for us, I just couldn't get behind it at first -- I felt like it was a "waste" of money when I could be taking care of the baby...
My little guy was like that for his first 4 months -- he couldn't fall asleep unless he was worn or in someone's arms. But at around 4 months, we tried more seriously putting him down on his own in his basinet, and it only took a few days before he was able to fall and stay asleep on his own. I think for him it was something that he just outgrew.   Good luck!
My sanity checklist:   1. A shower in the morning (meaning, before noon) 2. A walk outside, no matter what the length 3. Food in the kitchen 4. A yoga mat unrolled so I can stretch, even if I can't practice full-on yoga 5. A morning cup of tea
Yes, I feel blessed to have the option of being a SAHM. I've begun to work part-time, and so I'm learning how to balance my time in a healthy way for me, but because the work is substitute teaching, I can work as little or as much as I would like. And I'm seeing just how much I would rather be home right now. Financially, it's doable, and I'm so grateful for that. I also have a supportive husband who understands that -- despite how much I love it -- staying home with DS...
For the first few months, it was really rough, because I just wanted to hand my son off to my husband as soon as he got home so that I could have some alone time. But now we're all in a much healthier (for us) routine. My husband will hold the baby while I cook dinner, and we talk together in the kitchen. And DS goes to bed relatively early, so when he does, my husband and I hang out. Sometimes we play a game like Scrabble or Bananagrams; we sometimes watch an episode of...
I own an Arms Reach Co-sleeper, and I really like it. DS is 5 months old, and for the first 4 months he shared our bed, but now he primarily uses the co-sleeper. It's not flimsy at all, and although it is portable, I've never taken it apart since putting it together. There's a long cord with a plastic stopper (?) that attaches to the main bed, so that the co-sleeper doesn't shift away from the bed. Now that we're more established in a sleep routine and with...