or Connect

Posts by CrazyCatLady

I have placed two (almost three) kids in domestic adoptions.  I specifically look for families that already have kids in the home.  The family that adopted my son already had four kids when I placed him!  I may end up placing this baby as well, and I will again look for a family that already has kids (the more the merrier).   I could just be an exception to the rule.  But I even doubt that because I personally know a lot of other birth moms who share my feelings on...
I always say no to the gbs and glucose tests.  I don't go to many appointments, but I have to go to some.  So I let them check vitals and draw blood and stuff if they want to then.  No paps though and no hands up in my privates!  I never let them take my weight.  I don't get ultrasounds for fun or to check gender, but I always end up some kind of high risk and usually end up "needing" some anyways.   Birth is even more fun.  I refuse to sign any of the standard...
I have always heard the six week mark is where things get icky for many people.  I always start feeling exhausted and sick just days after conception though.    And I can relate to the exhaustion.  I was just texting my boyfriend and whining about how lazy I feel.  I have so much to do and zero energy to do any of it.  It really sucks.
My dd knew the day I took the test.  She was there with me and I needed her young eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things!  I felt bad about her knowing and I told her cause I didn't want her to be sad again if this baby dies too.  She told me that she wants to be happy about the baby now, even if it doesn't make it.  Pretty tough kid.   I always feel like it's better for her to know early why I am so cranky/sick/tired/etc.  That way she doesn't worry about me and...
I am terrified.  The pregnancy was by no means planned (it's pretty freaky that it even happened considering all I was doing to avoid).  The whole thing is going to put my health at serious risk.  Not sure where the dad and I stand.  I will probably get thrown out of where I am living.  I'm afraid that I won't be able to keep up my job if I get sick like last time.  I already know this is going to screw up college for me...big time.  Not sure yet if I am going to raise...
Thanks ladies for giving me things to bookmark.  All of my babies have been mellow in the past and I have an anterior placenta, so I never feel much movement.  This might help give me some peace of mind. :)
I realized today that this pregnancy so far is exactly like my pregnancy with dd2 went.  Same symptoms, due date and everything.  So now I'm starting to wonder if it's a girl after all.  Which would actually be nice for me.  Would save me the huge circumcision fight that I'm sure will happen with my boyfriend when he finds out that will never be happening to a son of mine (we haven't discussed any of that yet...heavy sigh).    Now you guys got me all curious and...
The smell of bacon yesterday almost made me sick too.  Yuck.  Boyfriend was eating pizza last night and looking at the pepperoni did not make my tummy happy either.   I seem to be moving out of the "I want to eat everything I can get my hands on" stage to the "everything sounds blah" stage.    I still like eggs and cheese on toast, been eating that every day.  I keep craving the turkey and cranberry sandwiches from Togos, but I have yet to have the money (or...
Yay and congrats (again!)  I did the same thing.  Join, think miscarriage, leave DDC, and come back again later.  It sure is a roller coaster.  Hope you have a happy and healthy nine months. :)
Ever since my first pregnancy I frequently get a heavy feeling like you're describing.  Also a weird pushy feeling like you get in labor.  I have never thought to worry about it (and I am a worrier).  I hope you can see someone soon and they can reassure you that everything's ok.