or Connect

Posts by solemum

i don't force cleanliness at all in our house, my two boys aged four and seven love to be dirty, and I have absolutely no problems with it.   Both boys love being barefoot everywhere so their feet are filthy. I think we, as mums often worry too much about unnecessary bullshit like cleanliness when our children simply want to enjoy themselves.
Great to hear another mum who lets their children be completely free and barefoot! My two boys have been barefoot since birth without any problems at all, their feet are strong and healthy and enjoy the freedom that being barefoot brings. My eldest son goes to school barefoot which is very common down here in NZ, and my youngest goes to preschool unshod too, as do many of his friends. I'm a teacher helper two days a week and I happily do that barefoot,  without any...
 Winter down here in New Zealand is so mild that being barefoot all year round is an easy option. Summers are warm so barefooting 24/7/365 is easy. 
Yay...! Finally a group of mums who love being barefoot! Down here in New Zealand being barefoot is very common, we are very laid back and certainly don't get uptight about what people wear. No stupid liability issues here either. I have been a full time barefooter for many years now and love the naturalness of it, couldn't stand having my feet cramped up in shoes!. My two children, aged four and seven have never worn any footwear at all, and have healthy broad feet...
Weather in Auckland, New Zealand is always nice and mild making going barefoot very comfortable. Never gets really hot here and certainly not too cold. Our streets and malls are really clean so never a problem with 'nasties' at all. I have noticed Americans have an issue with 'no shoes, no service' policy, which I dont quite understand = I guess it comes back to your liability, litigation attitude, which is a real shame. Certainly NZ is much more 'barefoot tolerant' than...
Like a number of you, we have a very open attitude to swearing in our house, both my boys, who are three and five, swear both round the house and in public. My bf and I have never seen it necessary to change our behaviour or language, just because we have children around, and we simply see swear words as a normal part of everyday language to be enjoyed. This has created problems for my eldest, who has just started school, and the teacher there doesnt share my opinion...
Must admit I havent seen those vibram five fingers down here in New Zealand, do you buy them retail up in the US, or are they available only online? I do like the different textures that I walk on in barefeet, but I suppose for exercise/running etc they would be good, although barefoot running has become very popular down here (so has barefoot walking). They do look a bit odd, I must admit, and Im sure you'd have to get exactly the right size, otherwise they would be...
Yes my boys have been vaccinated. I have never heard of pinworm. I really think you are becoming quite germophobic, I fail to see how ten minutes in a shopping trolley is such a big deal, and as far as being barefoot, my boys have been barefoot since birth, and I have pretty much all my adult life, and never had any issues at all, with glass blah, blah. As far I am concerned our streets are clean enough to let my boys go barefoot, and for me to go barefoot wherever I...
We dont seem to have any of those nasties down here in NZ. My two boys and I play happily in a small wooded area next to our house, and I have turned some of it into a veggie garden, all in barefeet. Absolutely no issues at all. Even put down some gravel paths to walk on round the garden, I find it quite easy to walk on, obviously the soles of my feet are very firm and quite leathery. I try to take daily walks with my boys and dogs round the neighbourhood (my feeble...
We've had some neat holidays in Hawaii, and was barefoot all the time, even flew barefoot in and out of Hawaii. Didnt find the streets and malls very dirty at all, no negative responses at all, I guess its seen as a bit more laid back and 'beachy'. We stayed at Waikiki. Restaurants were no problems at all, we were all barefoot and very touristy!