or Connect

Posts by mountainmom2011

With dd#1 who is 8 yo now, she never cared for coloring and in kindergarten her teacher would send notes home about her need to be neater with her coloring. I never said anything to my dd b/c I knew she didn't like it and she's rather creative and I didn't want to stifle that. DD#1 had fine motor issues and so it was hard for her. I found other ways to work on her fine motor skills (dot-to-dots and mazes).    With dd#2 who is 5 and in kindergarten her coloring...
  She is in public school. Her reading is weak but she is finally beginning to show some progress. In reading she tends to skip words, lines, and confuse simple sight words. She still will do those things but where she is showing improvement is in her ability to sound out unfamiliar words. Before she would be nowhere near correctly sounding out a word. She will write letters and numbers backwards and transposed. In writing she has trouble with punctuation (also has a...
  My daughter is almost 8 1/2 years old and struggles in math. She still has difficulty with simple addition and subtraction problems such as 3+4, 9+2, 5+4, 7-1, 10-2, etc. She still has to use her fingers and sometimes will still get them wrong. She has trouble with skip counting and number lines where they have to go up or down with the skip counting and fill in the missing numbers. Should an 8 year old be still having difficulties with these operations? Should I...