or Connect

Posts by mommamegan

I had four births in a hospital before having our 5th baby at home. My previous births were all attended by midwives, but they were all also medicated births. For us, the transition to having a home birth was a huge (and wonderful!) thing. It really can be a big change, but all the changes were definitely for the best, imo.   As for how the transition will be for you, it all depends on *why* you're choosing a home birth this time. Were your previous births medicated...
My first home birth was our fifth baby as well. :)   It sounds like home birth would be a perfect move for you. One of my main reasons for choosing a home birth was my family. With my fourth baby, my children came to visit during labor, and my four year old was trying to climb on the bed with me. I was hooked up to an IV, and the nurse was worried he'd pull on me. There wasn't enough room, and it was really hard on both of us. Since we homeschool, my kids are used to...
Hi, everyone! My name is Megan, and I'm new here. I'm loving it so far! It's so nice to see so many like-minded mommas!   I have five gorgeous children with another on the way, due the beginning of April. We're a home schooling, home birthing, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing, and no vaxing family. I look forward to meeting and chatting with everyone!
I'm in the Prescott area, Prescott Valley to be exact. :) Feel free to message me any time. We home school, home birth, breastfeed, and all that as well. I'm pregnant, but our youngest in 3. Plus four more older kids. ;)
I never did like the ring sling I had. It was just not comfortable for me.   I love, love, LOVE wraps though! I loved it all the way up until age 2 1/2. Then they just want to walk too much. lol I used it daily until the crawling stage though. I never did like having my infant on my back though. Toddlers, yes, infants, no.
With my last birth, my midwife had my lay on my right side for a couple of hours (it was bedtime and time to try to sleep anyway), and that got baby to come down to where she needed to be. That's the only issue that it caused. Very easily dealt with.   I can also get mine to be more centered if I spend more time on my right side. That takes more stress off my ligaments and such. But I've also had lots of babies (pregnant with #6), so things are stretched out a little...
I'm not going to tell you not to be worried because as a mom, you'll be worried tons of times over many things. *hugs*   I will tell you, though, that our 12 yo dd had 3 of those cysts in her brain during the first ultrasound. I was freaked out when I found out about it. My older sister who passed away four years before I was born had a trisome defect. At the follow-up ultrasound 6 weeks later, they had all disappeared. It wasn't until after the ultrasound that I...
Name: Megan EDD: April 2 #Pregnancy/baby: 6 Your age/age at the birth: 35 Family: dh, ds(14), dd(12), ds(9), ds(5), dd(3) How long did it take to get your BFP: (big fat positive, were you trying/how long?) It was a Big Fat Surprise when we got the BFP! Birth plans: Planning a waterbirth at home Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: I want to exercise and stay healthy since my last two pregnancies began with bedrest. I found it impacted my health greatly. Early...
I was in the same boat with my husband after having four hospital births. He was adamantly against home birth in every way. As other posters have been saying, educate yourself. This is the best thing you can do. I educated myself as much as possible. And I shared all of my research with him. ;) We also had a push from the OB I was seeing who, at 22 weeks, wanted to schedule me a c-section "just in case." After that happened, and we met with our midwife, he reluctantly...
Mine tilts to the left. No idea why or if there's anything to do about it. *shrug* The only time I notice it is when I'm pregnant.