or Connect

Posts by Sierra

With our first adoption homestudy, we were sent a copy and asked to proof-read. I used to do proof-reading and editing as a side-gig, so I read that bad boy cover to cover and marked it up in red. Minor errors, major errors (did they mistake me for somebody else LOL) all got marked up. When I got my final copy in the mail, I was bummed to see that she had made a few of the edits, but not even all the major errors were corrected. I don't know if I just overwhelmed...
I feel like this is one of those questions for the MDC "Ask an Intuitive" .
I remember hallucinating once as a child during a fever. I don't have any clear memory of exactly what I was seeing, but it had to do with spiders. I was probably around 7 or 8 at the time. It freaked my parents out, but the fever eventually died down, and the hallucinations ended.
Thanks for your responses, everyone! I appreciate all of them! Quote: Originally Posted by momto4plus4 so I did start him with a psychologist doing play therapy and it's going very well. We're big believers in therapy, so I think I might have him do some play therapy as well, if nothing else to help him as we prepare to move. Quote: I homeschool so I can't speak about the school transition. What made me reply to your post is...
I am looking for an AP-friendly child or family pyschologist/therapist, preferably in central MA...or within an hour's drive (though we will travel farther if we have to). The really important things are that (1) this person must be AP-friendly, and (2) this person must not have a waiting list a mile long. Any suggestions?
My 4.5 and 5.5 year old are definitely still reverting to fingers, but I realize that is still a little younger than your little one. Certainly she won't be eating like this at college, right?!
My son is 5.5. Ever since school began this year (same school/same class/one of the same teachers, one new teacher this year) he has been highly emotional, explosive, and whiny. He has been trying out or increasing frequency of behaviors such as threatening (telling me multiple times today that if I didn't do what he wanted he was going to kick and bite me), violence (he did end up biting me today), teasing (his sister, etc.), and lying. I don't know if it is the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Linda on the move We move a lot for my DH's job but generally live in a newish neighborhood with houses close together, and we therefore always get kids who don't live in the neighborhood. We live in an *old* neighborhood with houses *very* close together, and yes, we too always get kids who don't live in the neighborhood. Quote: I think it's all good. Kids who live in the country, in apartments, in no...
Quote: Originally Posted by 2xy We've lived in this particular house/neighborhood for 2.5 years, and we don't TOT here. We spend Halloween with friends in a neighborhood a couple of miles away. They have a big party every year. Everyone shows up at their house a couple of hours early, we eat and drink and the kids get costumed up together (lots of fun), and then the kids go off to TOT while the parents have wine, chat, and give out candy. I was...
Quote: Originally Posted by kittywitty We don't trick or treat in our neighborhood. Most of our neighbors do not hand out candy, and we drive up to where we were raised and have family so it's part family event. We have seen those same houses for 9+ years. Never figured it would bother anybody. A few years ago, we drove across town (in another part of the state) to trick or treat as our neighborhood had a big crime problem and several recent murders. ...