or Connect

Posts by Sierra

Yes, young babies are super easy. My biggest recommendation is to book a flight for a time when your baby typically sleeps (I know it is fairly unpredictable when they are really little). For our kids, that always is red eye flights. Starting really early, we always flew night flights. Even now it has been a year and a half since their last flight, and they still associate airplanes with sleep LOL. And yes, they have searched my babies before. It was very...
Quote: Originally Posted by earthmama369 A SAHP is not considered a dependent at all. A minor or a legally incapacitated adult would be considered dependents. You could be living with your elderly mother and taking care of her full time, but if a judge hasn't told you that she requires a legal guardian, you wouldn't claim her as a dependent. Actually, that is incorrect. According to Turbotax, a dependent is any person, child or adult, who is...
bluebunny, please check back in...please tell us you called and this kid is getting help. OMG I can't get this out of my head. I actually woke up this morning sick from it. Abuse of children is bad enough when it happens in the first place. But when it happens to an already traumatized child who has lost everything (and for that matter is responding normally to such loss and getting abused because of it), I am just aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I am so worried about this...
My dw and I are not legally married (same-sex couple waiting for federal law). She is a SAHM, so I guess I can legally claim her as a dependent this year when I file my federal and state tax returns. Is there any reason I shouldn't do this?
Alright, I did a quick edit to add in some of the additional issues that have been brought up and to quickly correct some of my spelling. There may be additional grammar errors, etc. or sentences that could be written more clearly. If so, please post. This is all I had time for at the moment. In the meantime, I'd say this is good enough to sticky for now.
P.S. My heart is breaking for this child, who is already experiencing trauma. Can these parents even imagine how disoriented *they* would be if everything they knew was lost in an instant, and then as they are struggling to make it through the night they are severly punished in an awful, heartbreaking way for not only doing something normal for a three year old but something especially normal for a traumatized three year old in a stranger's home?!! I am horrified. ...
Please act quickly!
Quote: Originally Posted by Mama2Bug Suddenly we noticed that she was playing much more intensely. Her "plots" got more complicated. Her block buildings were more detailed. Then she started reading short words. In another week, she was dry all the time again, with no accidents at all since. My theory is that her brain was just too busy for the potty for a little while. Yep, we have had spurts like that too. When they are very focused on...
Ha ha! We always called that the bead roller coaster LOL.
Quote: Originally Posted by lauren Sierra are you ready for me to stick those? No. I went away unexpectedly the second half of the week, but am back in town now...have internet again. I'll try to do all edits this evening so it is ready by tomorrow (Monday).