or Connect

Posts by htovjm

Just keep doing what your doing and what works best for you and your LO. Except for reading from the other mother's here, I have always felt isolated with the way that we have chosen to parent. Outsiders can always look in and judge and make you second guess....   Everything with these little ones is just a phase. Your daughter will transition out of these little habits as she gets older. Just be patient and continue to support her as she grows. I have a two year old...
Controversial, but I put LO2 down on his belly sometimes for naps and it helps him sleep independently. I've done my research on SIDS and I"m personally comfortable with this. Also, make sure all limbs are limp (in deep sleep) before putting her down. Best method I've ever used to get them to sleep alone is the "nurse and sneak away method". Never had any luck transferring them out of arms. While out-and-about, they've always slept in arms or in a baby carrier...   All...
Have you tried putting him in bed with you? You don't have to start the night that way, but when you feel like it's really starting to take a toll on your sleep you can tuck him in for the rest of the morning and let him feed while you dose. My first got up every hour for what seemed like forever and the only way I coped was to put him right next to the source. Getting up is soooo hard when you are tired. Also, I don't know what your situation is like, but sleeping during...
Thank you for the replies, ladies. The info on the 90 minute awake cycle is especially helpful. I just started a sleep log today and no kidding, the only times he went down easy were when his awake time was exactly 90 minutes. The other two at a little over two hours included frantic crying/meltdowns.   Now, I was trying to keep his awake cycle short today after doing some reading but my MAJOR problem now is my 2 year old. He doesn't know the meaning of quiet and will...
Are you using cloth or sposies? We used prefolds with snap covers and never had that issue.
I have a late-talker (he's two) and let me tell you, we've had our meltdowns. Baby sign language has been huge....he was like your LO at that age too. Just a few words: more, help, drink, food, nurse, finished, book, ball etc. They help a lot!
thanks! I have read a few threads on babies fighting sleep, and it seems to be a temperament/personality type thing. He is very alert and loves any kind of stimulation, so I think he hates going to sleep. I'm reading Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Weissbluth and I'm getting some insights on what to expect for wakefulness time and going-to-sleep timing. We don't do CIO/extinction, but the info is helpful all the same.   My challenge now is keeping the sleep...
It was a constant battle for my son's entire second year of life (makes you feel better, doesn't it?). We potty trained him at 21 months to end the struggles. I would have done it sooner if we weren't in the process of buying a house and living at our in-laws before then.    I just had to hold him down and be quick about it. In the summer, I let him run around in a diaper to speed things up (no wardrobe fussing). We also kept the battery-operated toys to a zero/minimum,...
DS2 is a great sleeper at two months old. He sleeps through the night and takes 3 hour naps during the day. It's getting him to sleep that is the major challenge. He seems to always get to the point of over-tiredness before he goes to sleep. I do everything to make him feel  comfortable for sleep as soon as I notice a tired sign: dark room, soft voices, singing, rocking or bouncing, dry diaper, burped, nursed, etc. He will get to the point where it seems obvious that he...
Dear soon-to-be mama,   You are a great mama for your commitment to breastfeeding. It is going to be harder than you ever imagined, but you will persevere and the rewards far outweigh any of the challenges. Here are some things I want you to know before you get started that will help you get through the rough times:   --Your firstborn will come 5 weeks early and it will take 6 weeks for him to successfully get milk at the breast. You'll be pumping every 2-3 hours...