or Connect

Posts by mindygerecke

I wanna hop in on this also! My 3 year old twin girls and I will be moving to the Hazlewood/Mill Park area in NE Portland soon, and I would LOVE to meet some mamas!
The link to the 2943 form was broken.  I believe I found a fixed one!  http://www.wies-ms.eu.dodea.edu/Exemption%20form_dodea2943.pdf
Ok so I have began researching vaccines and I have come across the thimerosal/mercury issue.  I haven't really been able to find much to answer this question of mine I have had regarding the topic.  What is the difference between the mercury & its levels in fish and that in vaccines?  Most people I know are not at all concerned about mercury in fish.  Also I have been reading that thimerosal has been "phased out" beginning around '99 or so.  Is it still found in...
Thank you very much!  I knew part of my issue is I am being clouded by all of the repressed negative feelings regarding him that resurface when he does those things. I am still working on sorting them out.  Even though I have a hard time with picking my battles because everything is important to me, kwim?  I do understand the concept though and I am going to try it out.  Maybe I will point out, before I explain to him that it is important to me that the carseat be...
I just pined down and discovered how I was really feeling and now I can't stop thinking about it.  I would love your thoughts, tips, and advice!   I don't feel like my dad respects me or my parenting choices.  He is always just doing what he wants with my kids.  It's nothing extreme which makes me feel like I am overreacting. This has been an on going issue with him and I, and they are currently visiting us while we are stationed overseas.  He'll do things like give...
Okinawa trip? :)
Haha, our family just moved from right near the kadena marina to on base housing!  Where at near the Marina? :)  
Shuli, kjoy2, thank you so much for your responses!  Your suggestion was a fantastic one and I am going to start implementing it ASAP!    I did wonder, while I was coming up with a way to adapt it to our family, how would you suggest I explain myself to B when she is overcome by all of the emotions and throwing a tantrum? When I try in the past, I feel like she just can't hear me or doesn't want to hear me.  Any thoughts?  Perhaps trying to reassure her I do understand...
My little girls just turned 2 in September.  They are becoming toddlers so fast, I am having a hard time coping!  I am at my wits end, I don't know how to make everything happy again, and I could REALLY use opinions, tips, advice, hugs, and anything else!   B is making it very hard for me to enjoy being a SAHM.  From the very moment I wake up I hear the words "mommy", "hungry", and "binky" from her.  She will even wake up in the middle of the night crying for me just...