or Connect

Posts by UmmZen

That looks like a funny book! You could also try The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy (I think that's the name). It was hilarious, IMO.   When I was younger, I read a couple of Dr. Sears books. I read for basic information, not b/c I thought he was a guru. I actually don't put a lot of stock in what a man has to say about any of this and if the man practices western medicine, too...meh. That's just me. IMO, their books will generally be written from a perspective...
I have no more milk.  I don't feel it, I don't feel letdowns, anymore.  My 2yo insists upon nursing, anyway.     She tells me there is no more milk, but she won't stop nursing.  It doesn't hurt or anything, but I am kinda tired of nursing her.   Anyone else ever dealt with this? How did your child fully wean?   She only asks once or twice a day, but still...
Hi.   I'm experiencing a lot of anxiety in my life right now, lots of changes happening.  And, I'm also pregnant.  I have a history of anxiety attacks and lately, I've been having chest pain, shortness of breath, and stomach aches b/c of anxiety.    Other than drinking loads of chamomile tea, what can I do to help with this naturally?    I already meditate, but it can be difficult when I'm having trouble focusing.   Thanks.
Thanks for that link, Ginger Bean.  I'd never heard of RIE.  Fascinating.    And, I am an AP parent.  Have been for many years.  I do think, though, there are some shortcomings in the behaviors/thought patterns espoused most by many APers.  At the same time, I don't think what I've seen on Janet's blog, so far, is in any way out of line with AP.  AP is not a blanket way of parenting.  It's a parenting philosophy that should take into consideration the needs and...
Kids go through phases where they constantly repeat something they only heard once.  So, making assumptions about a parent/child dynamic when you don't know the full picture isn't always the best decision.    I think the one big mistake AP advocates tend to do is act like we must be available to our children 100% of the time (or close to it).  There are times when my daughter needs to understand that I am busy and that is all there is to it.  If that is not going to work...
Yeah, the one on the IKEA website is not the one in my catalogue, I don't think.
I came to say Ranger from the Stephanie Plum series, too.    Oh, yes.  Ranger all day and night.
I didn't want to read and not say anything.   Good luck!  Maybe keep lots of craft supplies in the house.  I don't know the kids' ages, but I think board and card games are always fun. 
My 21-month-old is the same way!  Since I work at home, I sometimes get frustrated by her constant interruptions.  What I started doing was teaching her to respect the words, "I'm busy."  (She doesn't care about "no" lol)   I started it by telling her, "I'm busy. I'll do that later." and going back to my business.  When she would pull and grab and yell, etc. in response, I would calmly stop what I was doing, pick her up, and take her to her room.  I put the baby gate...
I'm overwhelmed, again.   I like that Amazon one.  Price and style.  How much was shipping?  I notice it doesn't qualify for free shipping, which is a bummer.