or Connect

Posts by AuntRayRay

I know this is a very old thread, but I would like to revive:)  Anyone have any grain-free,Paleo/gaps friendly kids lunch ideas?????   thanks!!
great post i agree with most of what you said with the exception of the importance of "good grades" which is just my opinion on that subject:P But i would like to say that it is more difficult being a single parent.. breathing helps and the awareness that our children are little people who are not our maids, who deserve the same amount of respect as adults if not more:)
Thanks for the replies! I will check out the wrong planet website and will see about if there is any autism groups around us. We have only lived in FL a few years, but finding special needs resources has been very slow. I think if i could just teach him to communicate typing/writing since speech is very difficult for him. He has had over 10 years of speech therapy. Sometimes he knows exactly what he wants or what someone wants of him and other times he seems very...
Hi!   So my middle son is 15yr old and basically non-verbal. He was dx with autism at 3 1/2 and was in special school programs ever since. I unschooled him once in 2009/2010, but the problem was that i felt unsure if he was benefiting so i sent him back to public school (although i really don't like that either for many reasons). I have decided to pull him from school again as of today and would like to unschool again, but problem is he will just sit staring at his...
Hi Mama   We currently live in Ormond Beach, but will be moving to Daytona Beach in December. We have lived in Port Orange, Ormond Beach and Daytona Beach in the 3 years we've lived in Florida (we moved from NJ). I found Ormond to be the best, but as another mama said there are health food stores around and i like Love Market the best (one in Port orange and one in Ormond). We are part of a non secular homeschooling group in ormond that we go to park days with. They...
We are unschoolers and i have been inspired with minimalism for a year or more ago...still in the process..every now and again i have my boys go through some of there things asking them to keep only what they "really" want and or use and to donate the rest. It seems to work pretty good. Its also thru trial and error too, like when one of them "has to have something" at a garage sale for instance and then weeks or months later i notice it either broken or unused i will...
hmmm i have not tried activated carbon or epsom salt baths....He won't drink any smoothies, but in frozen popsicle form he may:) thanx for the ideas!!
Thanx i will look into that. I went looking for chloroxygen at the healthfood store. I didn't see it, but i did get Chlorofresh -natural mint flavor (liquid chlorophyll) maybe thats the same kind of product anyway. And I got him to swallow some! He did not want to but i showed him DP taking it and my youngest taking it and he took it..a little upset about it, but swallowed it..yea. It says on the bottle Internal deodorant so i'm hopeful. I will look into the probiotics...
Thanx for the reply, i will look into that. He is very picky with what he will take and he won't drink any sorta smoothies...maybe a juice..not sure. But i will look into getting chloroxygen. And i did do the "if you take this you can have this dark chocolate i have" LOL Thats when i tried to get him to swallow chlorella tablets, but he kept it in his mouth then would take it out and make a huge mess with it as it started to melt...he just didn't understand how to...
Hi Mamas,   So my 14 year old son, who is autistic and mostly non-verbal, is having a bad body odor issue and i'm thinking maybe he needs to detox a bit. He has been having alot of cheese recently (although i kept him away from all dairy for a long while) and he eats alot of pasta, breads,rice too. So i was thinking of using chlorella, but i don't know how to get it in him lol... he won't drink/eat things if he doesn't like it and i tried to get him to swallow a pill...