or Connect

Posts by rosie29

I will be returning to work in a few weeks.  Babe will be 8.5 mos, and I will work 2 days/ week (non-consecutive).  I will be away from him for a good 9+ hours each of those days.  There is a possibility of nursing at lunchtime;  we'll have to see how that pans out.  My son has never taken a bottle successfully;  admittedly, we haven't tried too hard. We may just go with sippy cups at this point.  I wouldnt' be shocked if he refuses the milk or takes just enough to take...
Oooh, tell me more!  You mean you leave the whole bulb in, and it goes to seed, and that's it?  No sowing garlic cloves at all?  Do you have to thin them?  I'm very curious...
Garlic.  I was so loving the spring garlic.  DH thought I had dug it all up (I hadn't), and tilled over what was left.  :(  Bummer.   We also have a few onions.  
(((Hugs)))  I know you already know this, but I just wanted to say that I think it will all work out fine, given the facts you've already stated.  If it were me, I would not pump.  I think you just need to let your DH work out his own nighttime routine with the kiddos.  What does he do now to soothe and settle them?  You can encourage him to do what already works, and expand on that.  It might include reading together, bathtime, rocking, etc.  If your work duties and...
Great idea!  I'm in.  I've already read "Easy to Love..." so I'll follow along with the conversation;  it's been a while since I've read it.  I'm particularly interested in reading Unconditional Parenting. 
Hang in there!  It's worth the wait, and I know it's hard.  I've had two post-EDD kiddos;  some days it feels like it'll never happen but believe me, you're getting closer and closer to baby time!    Anyhow, with #1 I never noticed a mucous plug.  #2 was born 5 days after losing the plug, and #3 was born about 20 hours after losing the plug.  So yep, in my experience it really varies.    Sending labor vibes to you!
How's everyone doing?  I am 40+1 and on what I hope is the tail end of a nasty cold.  I had no voice on Friday, so I was really hoping not to go into labor then!!  My head is still full of snot (um, sorry, TMI) but otherwise feeling better.  DH is great with taking the kids;  they are swimming at the Y right now so I can rest.  He tries very hard not to complain, but I know that being post-EDD is hard for him...he dislikes the wait and all the questions from co-workers. ...
Congrats, Mama!
Awww, I'm sorry to hear that some of you won't be doing a Thanksgiving this year, but I hope it turns out for the best and you have either a nice quiet family day at home -- or perhaps a lovely birth that day!  We normally spend T-Day four hours away with DH's parents, and the men hunt most of the day.  Not this year!  My parents are coming to us; we're doing the turkey and a couple simple dishes and my mom is doing the rest.  I'm excited.  And, if it happens that I go...
   Awww, hope Baby comes soon for you.  Remember to rest up!