or Connect

Posts by Nankay

daylily...LOL!! I know what you mean about the conversation dying. When I managed a bookstore all sorts of folks would talk to me..about books, censorship, small business..etc. Now..I'm lucky if i get, "Oh you're really lucky you can stay at home." and then they go. Helllllllloooo!!!! I still read books! LOL and, by the way "LUCK" had NOTHING to do with me staying home. I am trying hard not to raise my son to the level of 'learned helplessness' that my hubby has. His...
I am a college educated SAHM of 2--one girl and one boy. I always knew I would stay at home and have done so gladly. Now that my daughter is older (nearly 7) I worry what kind of message I'm sending. I have the education and yet I'm not using it. As the woman of the house, I do all the cooking, cleaning, childcare etc. Am I setting the example I want to for my daughter AND son--that of the traditional housewife? What sort of expectations am I setting up for my son and...
Hi, My children (6 and 3) have lost both grandmothers in the past year to cancer. I highly recommend the books, "Badger's Parting Gifts" and "The Fall of Freddie the Leaf". Neither is religious. Badger dies in the first book and his "parting gifts" are all those memories that his friends have of him. "Freddie" is a leaf on a tree that grows and experiences the seasons then eventually watches his leaf friends fall and then he does. Sort of in the "circle of Life"...
Thank you!!
Thank you all for your replies. My daughter was 5 1/2 when G'ma #1 died, 6 1/2 when my mom died. We have made a point of talking to her about cancer, death dying etc. At this point however, she does not want to talk about anything or anybody. She changes the subject if either of the g'mas come up. Strangely, she has always been one to hide her pain--even physical pain, brushing it off saying she's ok and this really concerns us.
Hi, Fairly new here to posting...long time lurker. LOL A year ago my MIL died of cancer. I miss her and feel terrible for my dd who was very close to her. 3 weeks ago, my own mother died of cancer. My heart aches for my dd at losing another g'ma. My ds will never remember either. That makes it doubly hard. Now I am feeling rather bereft . I have no older wiser woman in my life. No one to share the joys and perils of married life and motherhood. I never knew how much...