or Connect

Posts by DebraStorm

Quote: Originally Posted by momandfriend I am new in this group and I look forward to a meaningful fellowship with everybody. I am a grandmom taking care of 13-month old Brenon while also enjoying the joys of a blending family. Konnichiwa from Yokosuka, Japan!
Quote: Originally Posted by remijo Hi! How do you like Japan? I think it would be awesome but unfortunately since we're Army, I don't think its likely. Hi there! We love it for the most part. We're having a hard time with the Commissary not carrying any organic food at all & the selection of things such as produce is so sad for the price it is. You get 4 medium apples for around $10. We are going to check out some produce markets out in town...
Quote: Originally Posted by mmgrimm Unfortunately this happens all the time its called nonconcurrent travel...which the soldier heads out to report and the family comes later. The problem with travelling on the civilian passport is it is only good for so many days...if the military passports don't come in that time you have to leave the country. I agree. We had to wait on our no-fee passports & had to do nonconcurrent travel. We just did...
I have a 10 year old 5th grader & 7 year old 2nd grader. They both go to school from 7:30 until 2pm. School is 5 minutes from home.
Welcome! I am momma to 2, living in Japan. Glad to have another international momma here! Where at in Australia are you? My husband visited the Perth area a couple of years ago. He loved Australia!
No I don't see it as inappropriate. They are outside of work. What they legally do in their own time is none of my business. Though I personally would not accept any drinks & would prefer it not be around my kids.
I know this section isn't that active but wanted to give it a shot. Any momma's in Japan? If so, where are you? We just moved to Yokosuka at the end of July! Loving it here so far for the most part!
Haven't posted to MDC in awhile & just popped back in. I am Debra, momma to 2...ages 10 & almost 8. DH is active duty Navy & we are stationed in Japan.
We just did the TX to Japan move 2 months ago. I printed out everything I could find stating we did not have to have all of the vaccines. But we were refused Medical Clearance unless we got the vaccines. We tried at 3 different clinics....2 Navy & 1 Air Force that was 2 1/2 hours away each way. As much as I didn't want them to be vaxed, in the end. We decided to go ahead & get caught up. It was the best thing for our family. Good luck!
We just left our daughters first home at the end of July. We moved from TX to Japan. We took a lot of pictures of the kids in the house & outside of it, stocked up on post cards of the town, took pictures of the plants & favorite places around town, their friends houses, etc. Good luck on your move!