or Connect

Posts by Mom2010

My DD is 3.2 years old.  I have no idea how much sleep she gets, because we can't stay awake long enough to figure it out.  We are pretty sure we have seen her go two days without sleep, no problem.  This is about how it goes.  We let her stay up, in her room, with a TV.  I know, I know, but like I said, its nuts.  If it is dark and empty she will stay up singing, and calling for us. If she gets a lot of sleep at home, she can't take a nap at day care, and staying in her...
Because I am not sure what all of the "quirks" are, I may be way of base here, but just a thought....   Squeezing too hard and pulling really close to her face sounds to me like she has a strong feeling and wants to display it equally, physically.  She also may be sensing the "love" of others in the house on the 9m olds and trying to "show" that she loves them equally.  I think that it is reasonable to not understand how that would exactly hurt the baby and to be...
DD just started swimming lessons.  Her first day, my husband gets in the pool with her and for the first exercise he holds her under the armpits and pulls her around.  From what he explains to me she has no instinct to swim.  Her arms and legs go completely limp and he is just pulling her around.  When this was over, very proud of herself, excited, and as a matter a fact as can be, she looks up at the swimming instructor, and says,  "And that's how we swim".     hehe...
My DD: (almost 3)  Extremely active and an extreme extrovert.  Very talkative, very inquisitive, always two inches from your face, volume war zone. She has extreme emotional reactions to most things, temper tantrums, emotional meltdowns, and can be very physically violent.  She is getting very little, to no sleep, and having nightmares.   Her stomach always hurts, among other things.  She also seems sensitive to wind in her hair and water on face/eyes.   I could give a...
My DD's teacher informed us that DD (almost 2) doesn't say, "Daddy" when referring to DH, she asks for him by name.   DD uses "Daddy" when talking to DH and around me as well.   I think it is a neat correlation that she made, to address him appropriately with different people.  (We have never even heard her say his name.)  Anyway, her teacher said not to be surprised if she started calling us by our first names...as in permanently.   I think most kids at some point...
Thanks!  That's what I was thinking.  I might just override it.  
I have been TTC for a year or so, and this is the first time Fertility friend isn't showing a calculated ovulation.  I look at my chart and I see a ovulation at CD16.   Anyone know why it's not showing an ovulation?     My Ovulation Chart
Thank you so much.       I think that is a great idea, I have actually been letting her sleep in, (when I can) because I know the naps are really hard.  I think I am going to try that tomorrow morning.  She really always has been a sleeper, and does best when she naps.  I will try an early rise, with hopes of a good nap!!!! Thank you for the advice!   Her personality is really SO loving and affectionate, it is hard to see her go through this development.  I feel...
My DD (21m) is going through a phase.  Everything is Nope, or Why.  She is whining a lot during the day, and she is hitting (again).  It is very draining.  I try to keep things positive, but she is already a bit high energy and needy, so adding these behaviors has become somewhat overwhelming for me.  She also has some "quirky sensitivities" so I am having a hard time figuring out if these are emotional needs, plain old acting out, or just typical behaviors that will...
      I can relate to this issue a bit myself.  I also have fears surrounding "gifted" with DD for much the same reasons.  I agree with the previous posters.  Even if she is gifted, it's to early to worry about it.  Being excited and rejoicing in her accomplishments is wonderful.  I personally let the concern and hypersensitivity to giftedness become a "thing".   I am learning there really is nothing to be concerned about, or much that I need to do about it.    Yes,...