or Connect

Posts by Jmariel

Hi everyone! Late to the game in joining the Due Date Club, but expecting baby #2 on January 25th and she's a girl!
Congrats on twins! I have to say your diaper registry is impressive and I think ideal for starting out. I usually suggest trying multiple types and brands because you'll discover which ones work for you and your family as you go along, and the least favorite ones you still use on laundry day. I personally am a fan of prefolds and covers. I do use pockets and AIOs for the diaper bag and trips out, and fitteds for overnight. This has become my "routine" after diapering for...
Congratulations on your little one! Since you're interested on ring slings, here's a video done by a friend with her little baby: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NxTzAxU7Bkw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNxTzAxU7Bkw I'm not sure which videos you might have seen already, but I happen to like her technique and it might help you as well As far as babywearing in icy conditions, I definitely agree with previous posts. Your instincts will kick in and you should be fine. If you're...
If you're washing daily with a newborn, I say go with 12-18 prefolds and 6-8 covers. You should look at it as diaper change every 2-3 hours, plus a few for extra messes. Thirsties I think are a good start, but econobums and bumgenius are great, too. I believe Diaper Junction is offering a free book, Changing Diapers by Kelly Wels, with a $15 purchase. This is a great start and great info to pass on to hubby. Hope that helps.