or Connect

Posts by Megalopsychia

If you have any DIY in you, make a mei tai with his favorite team logo.  Or buy one and use an iron on patch.  If your DH does not like sports, then pick another interest and customize it to something he identifies with.  If that does not work then tell him how sexy a man with a baby is.  My DH always laughs about how the best way to "pick up chics" (and he says it jokingly) is to wear the baby.  More women approach him oohing & aweing over a man in a moby than they ever...
I use my k'tan for quick trips but do not like it for extended wear.  My daughter is now 14m and we still use it and love it.  For extended wear I prefer a Mei Tai as they are more secure and distribute the weight better.  It is also great for both front and back wear.  Of course, in my bag of tricks I also have ring slings, wraps, pouches and structured carriers.  They all have pros and cons.  It is a matter of finding the right carrier for you, your baby and your...
you can tie your moby with a hip carry if you want but i warn against using a stretchy wrap on your back.  For back carry's I have found a mei tai is the most comfortable but lots of people love woven wraps on the back.  be sure to introduce a new carry slowly so that you both are sure it is right for you.  maybe an hour a day for the first week or so.  Older babies love the back carry  because they can see the world from your perspective but can hide behind you if they...
I have two sets of toys (mostly similar things in each set) and once a week they switch out for a bleach bath.  I rinse inside and out (especially the water squirt toys) with bleach water and allow to dry in the laundry room the rest of the week until the next switch.  I have a plastic bath shelf that stretches from one side of the tub to the other to store the toys in the bath during the week.  That allows for the toys to drain and drip dry between baths.  It may not be...
When making your own, if you can cut a relatively straight line, you can make a wrap.  there is no sewing required, just be sure to use a cotton blend so that the ends curl up (like a t-shirt).  When you pay for a Moby, Maya, Sleepy, or other name brand wrap, there are design aspects that you are paying for and, of course, the name.  Most home made wraps are made from one single piece of fabric so there are no weight bearing seams to worry with.  You can hem the edges if...
especially with a wrap style carrier, making your own is super easy!  less than half the price and you can pick the fabric that works for you.  There are a ton of patterns on line or you can follow this basic pattern: get 5 yards of fabric of choice, mid to high stretch, cotton or cotton blend and then cut it length wise (so you have two 5-yard pieces). Voila, you have two wraps.  you can take it a step further to hem the edges or trim the tails but that is not...
Finding the right carrier & hold for you and your baby can be challenging.  I think it is great that you are sticking to it and trying new carriers & holds.  I recommend you see if there is a babywearing group in your area. Most have lending libraries that allow you to try before you buy.  Check out www.babywearinginternational.org to see if there is a BWI affiliated chapter near you.  They can also help you with positioning so you and your baby can learn to nurse in the...