or Connect

Posts by Helen White

My almost 7yo son was wanting to spend all his time on the computer, and what we ended up doing is no screen time before lunch, and then a 2-hour per-day limit on any form of screen time. We use a timer, and the kids can use it anytime they want between lunch and dinner. It's helping the kids (I also have a 2.5 and a 4.5 yo) learn about time (how many minutes in an hour, for example, lol), things like that. And after a few days of complaining, they've adjusted very well...
Quote: Originally Posted by caefi we use composition books that are blank on the top half and lined on the bottom half for the little kids and the older kids use a regular composition book. This is what I'm doing (composition book, half blank, half lined). I took some paper I had that had real leaves and flowers pressed into it and taped that over the cover to make it more "nature-y," and my (almost) 5yo and (almost) 7yo both love them.
H/D here as well!
OMG, I haven't posted here in forever! *waves*
Thanks, that is reassuring. The moms over in the breastfeeding forum think it might be the strawberries I've been eating, so I will do a little experimenting there to test that theory. She has been drooling and chewing a lot, so it could be teething too. I hesitate to think it's a bug, just because no one else around here is having similar symptoms. ETA: But I cloth diaper her, so tossing them isn't a very cost-effective option!
Thank you!
For those who are thinking it's a bug: do you know if it's common for something like this to go away for a week and then come back again?
You know, I hadn't been able to think of anything unusual in my diet, but now that you mention it, I had strawberries yesterday, and I think we had a bunch a week or two ago as well. That's a good thought!
I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what's going on here. My 5-month-old, exclusively breastfed daughter has had normal breastmilk-poop ever since she was born. A week or two ago, she had a several-day bout of watery and/or mucousy stools. They were more frequent than normal, dark-greenish, and foul smelling. She seemed uncomfortable or unhappy for the first day, but after that she seemed to feel fine. I assumed she was fighting off some type of stomach bug, but...
I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what's going on here. My 5-month-old, exclusively breastfed daughter, has had normal breastmilk-poop ever since she was born. A week or two ago, she had a several-day bout of watery and/or mucousy stools. They were more frequent than normal, dark-greenish, and foul smelling. She seemed uncomfortable or unhappy for the first day, but after that she seemed to feel fine. I assumed she was fighting off some type of stomach bug,...