or Connect

Posts by aubryholman

We did look into the farm, they're about 10 hours from us. They have wonderful statistics for twin birth, but it's even further than the MW we're hoping to use.  The main reason it's become so expensive with her is because we're having to pay another MW to be there, the expense of renting a place to stay while we're there waiting and after the birth and we're also having to pay for our regular prenatal care out of pocket.  Our insurance company does a global pay out, so...
I'm currently 31 weeks along with fraternal twins.  No OBs in our area will consider "allowing" us to deliver without being in a OR, epidural in place, ready for C-section, which they all just "know" we'll end up needing.  It's illegal for anyone to deliver "high risk" pregnancis outside of hospitals.  We found a wonderful MW about 6 hours away, in another state, with a lot of experience delivering twins, but it's extremely costly, and my husband is not that into it.  So...
At 18+ weeks, we found out yesterday that we're having twins! We are very excited, unfortunately, our midwife doesn't deliver babies medically classified as (high risk).  She recommended some other professionals, some of whom are midwives that work with doctors in a hospital setting, but I've not been impressed so far.  Does anyone know of a midwife or doctor is willing to let my body do what it was made to do, not pressure me to allow things I don't really want and not...