or Connect

Posts by Misti

I was afraid of that. Thanks, Michelle.
Heh, I've nursed three kids for a total of 8 years so far, over the course of 25 years. I tried a blanket early on with the first -- but he would have none of it, and between his flailing and screaming, it really did make a lot more of a fuss than just hauling up my shirt and going at it. I was thrown out of one or two places -- but these days the law is on my side, and I make it very clear that I am well informed about that. They usually go away long enough for the...
Helloa, all. I have been lurking for a long time but have never had much to say in this forum. Now however ... I have a question, and I'm not sure where else to turn -- I don't feel like I have a lot of support except from my husband, who is thrilled that at least *one* of his kids has been breastfed. But he doesn't know either... The situation: I have a little guy who is about to turn 2.5. He has always been an enthusiastic breastfeeder. I breastfed two of his...
> I feel like I am perpetually behind here! back when you were talking about > just tv free we were "tv limited" (although, always been TV free for DD). > Now that we've made the transition over to tv free, y'all are talking about > *radio free*?! Don't worry, Attila, I won't be going radio or computer free any time soon.
Interesting question... (Hey, folks, I haven't been around in a Looooong time -- but I'm back!) We have been TV free for a long time -- me, almost entirely since 1984 and my husband for 4 years. At one point shortly after we got married, I asked him "So, should be get a TV?" He thought about it, and asked me "Um, OK, but when would we have time to watch it?" Point made. No TV. Then Jack was born and I was very, very glad not to have gotten a TV. Anyway, that...
Hey, finally a CD discussion in which I'm not overly wierd! At the moment, I think we have 10 dozen CPF -- but since we use the service, that changes weekly.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ponoma Would like to hear your thoughts on tv at playmates houses. Part of me fears that tv wathcing is like candy . When she is older if I don't teach her to self regulate she will gorge on it all when she is older........... I am facing this one, too, Ponoma. I protect Jack entirely from television, and when i'm around, my friends never have it on in the room where Jack and I are. But he's approaching two, and...
I am unfamiliar with the Moby wrap, but I am super-sized and I swear by my Maya wraps for my 18-month old.
I use a service, so it all just goes into the pail. (There isn't any room in my bathroom for a changing table, and I can't very well leaver him on the table while i go deal with it...so, into the pail it goes.)
I would have to agree with Anna -- you just gave birth! Of course you're exhausted and just want to rest when you have the chance! And I would concur that 18 months is about the time I managed to find some time for me, too. Now this is my seconf round -- I also have adult kids, and when they were small (18 months apart) I didn't fine as much time for me as I do these days. Raising two kids is exhausting. Resting *is* doing something for you at this...