or Connect

Posts by PrincessSputnik

Thanks for your thoughts.    I've definitely heard of the hair loss thing. My hairdresser mentioned it when I was still pregnant, suggesting I come in afterwards for a pp haircut that works better with less full hair.   AndtheStars, I think an immune response could explain what's happening with my skin, or it could be allergies that are manifesting, or it could just be stress.. Either way, annoying. I'm slathering on the jojoba and cocoa butter whenever I have a...
Anyone else experience this or know what it is?   I wonder if it's diet related or if I've developed postpartum allergies or something. My skin has never been so dry and dehydrated and it's itchy and have some hives. I have sensitive skin to begin with, but this is definitely unusual.   I'm trying to stay as hydrated as I can.   Ideas? 
  I can't say I really have any good advice for you, but I totally know what you're going through. Babe doesn't like to open up very wide, and when she does get a good latch, she gets lazy after a few minutes and pulls back so she's getting mostly nipple. Hurts like hell. I've gotten past the cracked, bleeding nipple phase with lanolin and ice packs, and also try to let my boobs air dry after nursing and try not to have them stuffed into a bra all day (tough when you're...
I commend you ladies. I tried and failed, and am somewhat paying the price with delayed healing.   My midwives "prescribed" a 7 day lie-in, and I was going stir crazy by day 4. Couldn't stand being cooped up in my apartment anymore (where I wasn't doing a good job of staying in bed anyway), so went out on Day 8 to the park and Starbucks. Bad idea. Standing still for more than a couple minutes is really uncomfortable.    Trying to take it easy with multiple soaks...
She's here! Congrats!!!
Boy were we off..   Actual: Sex: Girl Date: June 20th Time: 12 noon Place: Foot of the bed on birthing stool Weight: 6lbs 6oz Hair: Lots, dark brown Skin: Rich caramel :) Eyes: 2    
I started having sporadic contractions on Monday night, but they weren't that bad and didn't have a pattern, so I ignored them all night (as much as I could) and the next day at work (leaning over chairs uncomfortably while I spoke to people throughout the day) until Tuesday evening when they started to feel a little more real and we started timing them. By 3am contractions were 3 mins apart but still fairly short (about 30-45 seconds long) and were feeling pretty...
Baby Amalia was born on Wednesday, June 20th at 12:01pm. She weighed 6lbs 6oz and was 18 inches long. I was fortunate to have the natural home birth I imagined with the amazing help of DH and my midwife team. Midwives arrived at our apartment at 4am, when ctx were 3 mins apart and I was 4cm dilated. I had the little monkey in my arms at noon, after just 20 mins of pushing. We're laying in for the week getting the hang of things and healing. Thanks for all your help thus...
Lots of pros and cons...  How does he feel about going knowing baby will likely have arrived?   Maybe let him decide but make sure he knows he's got your full support if he decides to go. If he does, just make sure your parents are ok for double-duty and ask your doula for help.
I plan to live in my maxi dresses (cute with cardigans or a jean jacket in the evening) and moomoos (kaftans if you want to be fancy) for the first few weeks until some semblance of a waistline returns. It helps that it's summer and the easy, breezy look lends itself to our transition.   Try Old Navy for cheap maxi dresses too.. I got one in a size small that easily accommodates by planetary belly and will be cute for after too. I might just get sick of wearing it...