or Connect

Posts by amautik

I've been on a roadtrip with DD for four days, and as much as I hated to do it, I bought disposables.  However, I wasn't using a diaper service, and since I was already visiting my parents when my father suggested this road trip, I didn't have my full stash--just two days that I had brought with me from my house.  And when my parents do a road trip, they don't like to stop much, so there wouldn't be a chance to do laundry.  lol.  If I had had enough diapers for four...
http://www.clothdiapertrader.com is my favourite place to buy used diapers, and there are a lot of Canadians on it!   There's also the mothering.com trading post too.
I agree with some previous posters that in apartments, it is generally acceptable to move someone's laundry if necessary.  If there's another washer or dryer available, then it's rude, but if it's the only one, it's acceptable.  Most things don't require multiple wash cycles, so they were probably unaware that you weren't finished.   If I had to do three cycles, I might try to somehow cut that down to two by doing a pre-soak in a bucket in the apartment.  I'm too...
I, too, have a baby that's smaller than the size guide, but is pretty much out of the "one-size" diapers.  It's frustrating because it means I have to do more diaper shopping!  (Okay, I love diaper shopping, but I do hate spending money, haha.)   Rearz covers have those flaps you're talking about.  http://www.nhdcanada.com/baby-diapering-c-7.html  I've never used them personally, but I have heard they're good.   Weehuggers and Gen-Y Universal covers have the...
  I heard the opposite!  People would look at my breasts when I was pregnant and joke "well, you're going to make lots and lots of milk, aren't you?"  I swear, suddenly my boobs were a big point of conversation (and I wasn't even breastfeeding yet, so it's not like they saw me feeding a baby and made that comment). My grandmother was a public health nurse and a BIG advocate of breastfeeding when it wasn't popular (and she still is a huge advocate...I'm lucky to have so...

Ooh, I love that PBS is making Mr. Rogers available online.   This is an idea DH and I struggle with too.  Well, not so much the idea of it, but the implementation of it.  Especially (for me) since saying at home can seem so isolating, and the Internet is so alluring because it means I can reach out and talk to someone!  Well, I don't chat at all, but I read everyone's status updates on Facebook.  lol.  But we are both guilty of checking out our favourite websites and...
I was 26.  I was hoping to be finished by the time I am 30, but it looks unlikely now.  DD's birth was bad and ended in a c-section.  The doctor said he tore my uterus a lot and wouldn't recommend a vaginal birth because of that.  There's only a 4% VBAC rate where I live though, so I kind of doubt him.  I really want to have a VBAC though, so I want to wait a few years and make sure my uterus (and the rest of me!) is in really good shape for it.
Hymanroth, good to know about the socks.  I have Baby Undersocks for DD (it's cold here anyway, so it's nice to have another layer, but once summer comes, I'll have to find another solution) because socks that fit around her fat little legs/ankles are hard to find!  These are perfect.
  Tank, I totally relate.  DD is a frequent feeder, so I find myself staring at a screen a lot...either surfing the Internet or watching Netflix.  When DD was a bit smaller and used to fall asleep frequently while feeding, I would watch a lot of documentaries.  I've learned lots in the first few months!  LOL.  Now that she's bigger and more alert and wants to actually play most of the time, I don't get so much doc watching done.   And I can totally relate on needing TV...