or Connect

Posts by MLog

It's been such a long time since I've had time to post, but I've been reading along when I can.   I went back to work full time at the end of August and it seems like everything is a blur.  I usually don't work Sundays and Mondays.  Tuesday-Thursday DS goes to my inlaws in the early afternoon, DH picks him up in the evening, and then usually I get a chance to do a feeding and a bit of cuddle time before he goes to sleep.  Fridays DS comes to work with me!  My...
Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking since we really don't need more prefolds.  There are so many other things to spend the money on.   I'm going to try and take a ballet class tonight.  We'll see how that goes!  I was totally leaking through my shirt this afternoon while I was teaching.  Luckily it was an adult class so I didn't worry too much.  I figure moms understand.   Tomorrow night I'll be going out without DS for the first time.  It's one of my best friend's...
It's awesome that you got the job and were able to take it or leave it.  Sounds like your partner is great!   I am so sad that DS is growing out of his newborn GMD prefolds.  Now I have to decide whether to invest in larger GMD sizes or use the tons of other prefolds we have.
Quote: I really don't know how I'm going to do it come the end of August.  Right now I'm working part time and bringing DS with me.  When I'm actually teaching classes (2.5 hours max at a time) and not working the office a trusted studio parent or my MIL comes to watch him.  In the fall I will be dropping DS off at the in laws house Tues-Fri  in the early afternoon and then DH will pick him up by 6:00pm.  I'll get home around 9:30pm most nights.  On Saturdays DH will be...
Grace - that video is exactly what I need!  Now I just need to get a wrap.  Thanks!
DS is taking his afternoon nap in the k'tan!!!  So far I've accomplished eating lunch, sterilizing pump and bottle parts, hanging cloth diapers on the line, researching used cars to buy and posting here!  I feel hugely accomplished and I haven't even gone to work.  Of course, I haven't prepared my classes for this evening, but we've got to take the victories where we can get them, right?   Onemore - I'm so glad that BFing is still working for you.  That's awesome!  I...
He usually falls asleep with his head on my shoulder.
So I have a baby K'tan and a boba carrier.  DS loves it when DH carries him in the boba.  He's not so fond of being in the k'tan with me.  I've had limited success while he's awake.   I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion for a different wrap/sling for me to try.  What I would really like is something I can tie/wrap around us when he's fallen asleep in my arms.  During the day DS will only fall asleep in someone's arms.  When I try to lay him down he'll wake up...
We have no bed time routine.  I guess we should start trying to establish one, especially since I'm back at work.  Our routine would probably look something like this until DS starts staying with the in laws while I work (end of August):   DS and I arrive home from work between 7 and 8:30pm depending on the day.  I eat dinner while DS spends time with DH.  Bathe DS, feed DS, put DS to bed in the bassinet no later than 10:00pm.  From what I can tell DS would probably...
Quote:     Yeah, I was thinking we would start trying the bottle at the beginning of August.  That give us three weeks or so.  Of course then I remembered that at the end of July I'll be needing to teach for a three hour stretch with only a 15 minute break so we may need to try a bottle before then.  What do you all think - would it be torture to try and get DS to go three hours with maybe a small snack in the middle?  He usually eats every 1.5-2 hours during the day...