or Connect

Posts by HML2199

My newest little sweet pea was born 3 weeks ago.  This was my second UC.  I started having a lot of contractions at about 30 weeks and it progressed to be way too many for my comfort.  I had real worries of premature labor.  So at 32 weeks I put myself on modified bedrest.  Definitely hard to rest with 5 other children, but my husband took some time off of work plus I had help from family and was able to stay off of my feet most of the time.  At 36 weeks, 5 days I decided...
I am sure of my due date.  I never got a period between having my last daughter and getting pregnant, so I consulted with a midwife and had a 1st trimester ultrasound in order to date the pregnancy.  I really didn't want to have any ultrasounds but since I didn't have a cycle at all, I had no dates to go off of and wanted to have at least a general idea of when I'm due.
I also really dislike the notion that one must be rich to stay home.   Ha!   We really, really budget and cut corners.  We live in a small, modest home with 5 soon to be 6 kids.  For years, we only had one car.  (We were lucky to find a second car that we could buy last year for only $1200.)   We don't eat out in restaurants except maybe getting pizza once a month.  I cook 3 meals a day for everyone in the house, 7 days a week.  My husband works 60 or more hours a week. ...
I am pregnant with my 6th child and planning our 2nd UC.  The past few days I have been having A LOT of contractions.  I am about 31 weeks.  To the point, that it is making me nervous.  I have had many pregnancies and felt braxton hicks many times and this is not BH.  This is real, painful contractions.  Yesterday, I had them for 3 hours straight and they went from about 12 minutes apart all the way down to 7 minutes apart, but then thankfully stopped.  I was really...
I recently found out that I am pregnant with my 6th child.   I have a 7 month old baby that has never had a bottle or any solids - only mama milk.  I plan on introducing food within the next month or two.  My 3.5 yo still nurses daily - usually 1-3 times a day,  I believe in letting my children wean themselves, and I don't see my 3yo stopping any time soon, even though she will be 4 by then.  But the thought of nursing a newborn, 1 yo, and also a 4 yo is kind of...
We found out yesterday that we are pregnant with our 6th child!  I am very early - only 4ish weeks.  I am so excited b/c I will get to have a UC again!  It was such a great experience.  The last time was only 7 months ago.     I am shocked to be pregnant since my baby has never had a bottle, nurses round the clock, and my 3 yo still nurses daily.  But, praise God, another blessing on the way!  Happy Stay at Home Mama to: DD - 9 DS - 7 DS - 5 DD - 3 DD - 7...
My daughter is 3 years, 3 month old.  She is my 4th child and I breastfed all of her older siblings till they were 3-4 years old so I'm very used to nursing a preschool aged child.  What I'm not used to is the frequency.  I allowed all of my children to self wean and at 3 they all majorly cut back on wanting to nurse till eventually they were done with it.  She is actually increasing in how much she wants to nurse.   I recently had a new baby who is now 2.5 months...
Thank you all for your feedback!  Sorry it took me a while to come back - I'm pretty busy as you might imagine!  :)   I guess I am going to try to just let the comments roll off and not worry about it.  I mean, I know we are doing what is right for us and our family.   Even though it's hard for me to imagine only wanting one or two children (or none!), I would never comment on that to someone.  I understand that that is what is right for THEIR family, and this is...
Hi everyone!  My husband and I do not believe in using birth control, except for natural family planning.  I have found that especially since having our 5th child a month ago we get so many comments.  People are shocked at our family size and I HATE when people refer to us as being the Duggars or my one cousin says we are "duggarized".  I also hate the "You do know what causes this right?"  I really don't understand why people feel they can comment on our family size or...
Not sure if anyone remembers me, but I had posted a few questions in this area back at the beginning of my pregnancy.  I had decided to do an unassisted childbirth and I DID IT!!  I was really nervous about it, but I just had this feeling that I could do it.  All of my other births were with a midwife and went so well, and I really felt like I could do it on my own.  I know it sounds silly, but I wanted to experience it like the cave women did and just let my body do...